From The Bay To The Reef

Hi mate I have the same tank as you and your scape is awesome (puts mine to shame).

I do apologise as I can't remember but did you upgrade the stock 720 lph pump and if so was your upgraded pump the same size as the stock one. Do you get any noise/vibration?

I ask because I picked up an aps 1800lph pump which (after a little modification) just got it in my weir but it was way to noisy so I went back to the stock one. Shame, as the flow and surface agitation was awesome. Didn't need my powerheads.

Anyway the tank is looking ace mate. Any updates/pics?

Cheers!

Well after having put in the new bits, the scape just wasnt working.

So I've tweaked it a bit. Will update with new pics when I've taken them - still got my rubbish iPhone, but it'll have to do.

The stock pump has gone and in it's place is the newjet 1200 and it works like a charm. I dropped my two 2 koralia 1's and have left a Koralia nano under the rock for flushing detritus occasionally. My new vortech is a great addition, and have now found my placement solution.

I had to go on the spray bar side due to the position of my tank in my room. So I removed half of the spray bar (handy as it comes in two sections!) and this allowed me to place the pump higher in the tank.

Just a teaser - I've got a stunning sun colony to post up!

Top down of colony...
48d9e908.jpg

Front shot...
130f06b6.jpg

Side view...
9d2e0a88.jpg

FTS...
3a73d0e4.jpg

Hi in the fts above what breed is the little yellow fish popping his head out the rock :lol:

That'll be my midas blennie. He's found a cracking little spot for his home!

He's a lovely little fella.
Nice looking tank btw I love sun corals :lol:

Most reactions

Back