Filled Up My 400ltr Tank Yesterday...

youdirtyfox

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,
after finally deciding what I was doing with my substrate and figuring out the external filter(never used one before)
it was time for water, and suffice to say, she holds it nicely :D all 61 stone of it :hyper:

Got myself kitted up with 30 metres of hose, two 90 litre bins and a water butt pump for doing water changes.
Conditioned the water yesterday, and added the biological additive tonight, also got some bogwood from a mature
tank im going to add to hopefully speed up the process?!

Here's a few pics :good:

DVC01818.jpg

DVC01819.jpg

DVC01820.jpg

Is it rounded at both ends or just one end. Personally that would really annoy me with the distortion. But apart from that, looking good so far,keep up posted.

Is it rounded at both ends or just one end. Personally that would really annoy me with the distortion. But apart from that, looking good so far,keep up posted.

Just one end, tbh the distortion isnt that bad when viewing head on, wich i mostly do so it doesnt bother me, and for £200 new delivered
with external filter, lights and free carbon filter pad, you wont hear me complaining :hey:

Cheers for the nice comments folks :D

£200 new ?!?!? I am soooo jelous! Looks great!

Just one end, tbh the distortion isnt that bad when viewing head on, wich i mostly do so it doesnt bother me, and for £200 new delivered
with external filter, lights and free carbon filter pad, you wont hear me complaining :hey:

Nice looking tank.
400l £200 new delivered?! :eek: Wow, what filter does it come with?
What are the dimensions?
I want one!

Nice looking tank.
400l £200 new delivered?! :eek: Wow, what filter does it come with?
What are the dimensions?
I want one!

Cheers. Yep I bid and won it off ebay, they have loads of them!
The filter is a knock off (oriental- I suspect by the name of it>Jinlong) copy of a aquis 1000, it may not be the best or the impeller last that long,
but it was for free!

Dimensions wise it is 150x48x54cm wich eqautes to 389 litres and here is a link to there shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wrightbuyers_Aqua...6QQftidZ2QQtZkm

.. and going in it will be (fish I have so far in a 90l>2 x golden gouramis, 2 x german rams, 6 x boesman rainbows and 1 x flying fox,
to be bought possibley 6 x pictus cats and either angels or silver sharks :D

That tank is awesome! :)

Rounded end? I'm jealous now. ): (Try dressing it up as a submarine. :S)

That tank is awesome! :)

Rounded end? I'm jealous now. ): (Try dressing it up as a submarine. :S)

yes just the one rounded end, I suppose the idea behind it is for use as a room divider. I liked it because it was different too.:)

Nice tank :thumbs: why did you fill it to the top?

Erm, am I not supposed to to cycle a tank?

great looking tank...61stone?? geewizz thats a scarey amount of water

I know, made me very nervous at first, :sick: I think 61st is what me and partner worked it out to be, equals about 350kg wich is the same amount
as a normal car engine & gearbox, and that is heavy as i've shifted a few of them in my time :X :D

Ooh quick question while im here as the search is broke for me, is it essentail to have a heater in the tank for cycling?! could do without the leccy
as I've got two other tanks running :/

Most reactions

Back