Filled Up My 400ltr Tank Yesterday...

Brilliant tank! Me and the Girlfriend looking to spend £200 this month on a new tank. Was looking in the local LFS but this gives more choice!
Cheers

Ooh quick question while im here as the search is broke for me, is it essentail to have a heater in the tank for cycling?! could do without the leccy
as I've got two other tanks running :/

Sorry to bring the 'bad' news, but when you are fishless cycling the tank you actually want to run it at a higher temp than normal to promote the bacterial growth, so I'm afraid you will need the heater in.

* 25 deg C ish for normal
* 30 deg C ish for cycling

As for the search problem, fire up google, type in the search box what you want to search for, then add:
site:fishforums.net

So for example if you want to search for "fishless cycling", you would put in the Google search box:

fishless cycling site:fishforums.net

:good:

Brilliant tank! Me and the Girlfriend looking to spend £200 this month on a new tank. Was looking in the local LFS but this gives more choice!
Cheers

Ooh quick question while im here as the search is broke for me, is it essentail to have a heater in the tank for cycling?! could do without the leccy
as I've got two other tanks running :/

Sorry to bring the 'bad' news, but when you are fishless cycling the tank you actually want to run it at a higher temp than normal to promote the bacterial growth, so I'm afraid you will need the heater in.

* 25 deg C ish for normal
* 30 deg C ish for cycling

As for the search problem, fire up google, type in the search box what you want to search for, then add:
site:fishforums.net

So for example if you want to search for "fishless cycling", you would put in the Google search box:

fishless cycling site:fishforums.net

:good:

Thats great thanks for the help :)

[/quote]

Thats great thanks for the help :)
[/quote]

And if you only half fill the tank it will save on the leccy :good:

I would go with 2 200W there will only be a few quid in the difference between the 150W and the 200W
but if 1 breaks it the 200W will keep the temp up for longer :good:

alright cheers guys, ordered 2 x 200w visitherms last night which should be winging there way to me now :good:

Messeged the guy on Ebay. To ask him about guarantee and warranty. He only offers a 7 day guarantee! So I will not be buying from him! But still M8 does look like a fab tank :)

The tank hood lights are getting quite wet! is this ok? they seem protected but is this normal, because im using a bubble stone?!

No it’s not ok
How full is the tank?
If you have no heater then you have no condensation so they should not be getting wet
plug them out before you touch the tank

No it’s not ok
How full is the tank?
If you have no heater then you have no condensation so they should not be getting wet
plug them out before you touch the tank

Doh!

The tank is as full as in the first picture I posted first off. 10mm or so below the white top frame of the tank.

Although the lights will usually have water proof caps on them its not good to get them wet. Better to be safe than sorry

Most reactions

Back