Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My dad and aunt have had their Boris letter but we haven't. Not that I'm too bothered by that but I was thinking about having a tiny bonfire with it.
I probably could, I would have to look into it to see what kind of proof would be needed I. E my DWP letter to say I'm a carer but since the supermarket goes dead after half 7 or so in the evening I've been going at that time. No queues, next to no one in, its lovely. I've had enough of queueing now. I have been doing my grandparents shopping as well because I'm the only person in the family nearby that's not working or disabled at the moment and can drive to them.
I'm wondering if we got our letter so late because we're due back at the Christie soon for a scan and an appointment with the consultant so that may have thrown up a flag in the system.
They did send out another batch of letters this week.
Don't worry if you can't follow all their recommendations, just do the ones that you can.
Try the NHS volunteer service for shopping and medications.
Furloghing should include shielding as you are unable to work because of the virus.
All the best.

Last edited:
Kentucky is apparently going to open up more in the middle of June. This is good news for many people. (Especially me)

Texas is in Phase 1 of opening now. Retail, restaurants, and theatre's can open at 25% capacity. Phase 2 could be rolled out May 15th. However, today we had 24 deaths...most we’ve had in weeks!

Last edited:
Ok.. and now back to our regularly scheduled program... coronavirus.. how is it affecting you? Are restrictions being lifted where you live?

Apparently a pug dog living in the US has tested positive for covid19. This is the first known case of this virus affecting a dog.

On the tv show "The Project" on channel 10 in Perth WA, they said the air quality was cleaner now than it had been for many years and they showed pictures of different countries before this started and now, and there was a huge difference.

I have also noticed a major difference in air quality around here and there is significantly less dust in the house and on my car.

"
Authorities in a Spanish coastal resort have apologised after spraying a beach with bleach in an attempt to protect children from coronavirus.

Zahara de los Atunes, near Cadiz, used tractors to spray more than 2km (1.2 miles) of beach with a bleach solution a day before Spain allowed children out of lockdown for the first time.

Environmentalists say the move caused "brutal damage" to the local ecosystem."

Most reactions

Back