Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Massachusetts , the third hardest hit area in the country, behind New York and New Jersey. We have had over 58000 cases and over 3100 deaths.

I saw on the news this morning there were thousands of people in Florida protesting on the streets and none were complying with the social distancing laws. The cops weren't arresting them or anything.

-------------
On a bright note, in Australia we normally have motor racing with modified street cars. It's called touring cars and is similar to nascar in the US. Because of the virus, they haven't been doing any real motor racing, instead they are doing the races online. It's called BP Supercars All Stars Eseries and has the professional drivers playing the same racing game online together. They have drivers from a few places overseas including one in America who is up at 3am. But the graphics and the footage is almost identical to the real thing.

This is a huge bonus to the planet due to the lack of pollution and resources these cars normally use. There are 29 drivers playing a computer game online for a few hours. This uses a little bit of power but nothing compared to what they would use in real life.

In reality there would be 29 drivers travelling all around the country with support crews, trucks, several racing cars and a heap of fuel, tyres and spare parts. The cars use millions of litres of fuel and thousands of tyres every year. They pump out huge amounts of exhaust gasses and heat.

By racing online, they are saving all those resources and putting out very little pollution, a small amount coming from the power stations making the electricity to run the gaming consoles. But that is next to nothing because the power is being produced anyway.

Maybe motor racing will remain like this from now on and the Earth won't have to deal with as much pollution.

I think it's stupid that all the protesters dont follow the social distancing or masks. It's like, you want to prove that you can be safe so that they lift the bans lol dont be stupid that just makes it worse

Yes that is one of the things the reporter was talking about. The reporter was standing a couple of meters away and the protestors were all right next to each other, almost touching each other. It was crazy and stupid and dangerous.

I noticed that most of the protestors were young adults (late teens to late 20s), who are the least likely to die if they catch this. So lots of stupid young adults could potentially spread the virus straight across the country simply because they don't want to stay a couple of meters away from everyone else.

Young adults have been the issue here too, with 99.9% of people breaking the social distancing and social gathering laws being young adults.

Yes that is one of the things the reporter was talking about. The reporter was standing a couple of meters away and the protestors were all right next to each other, almost touching each other. It was crazy and stupid and dangerous.

I noticed that most of the protestors were young adults (late teens to late 20s), who are the least likely to die if they catch this. So lots of stupid young adults could potentially spread the virus straight across the country simply because they don't want to stay a couple of meters away from everyone else.

Young adults have been the issue here too, with 99.9% of people breaking the social distancing and social gathering laws being young adults.
I have seen several international news stories about the protests. I wonder if this will impact the reinfection (R) rate? Does anyone in the US know , it's difficult to judge the scale of things from the media?

"
Authorities in a Spanish coastal resort have apologised after spraying a beach with bleach in an attempt to protect children from coronavirus.

Zahara de los Atunes, near Cadiz, used tractors to spray more than 2km (1.2 miles) of beach with a bleach solution a day before Spain allowed children out of lockdown for the first time.

Environmentalists say the move caused "brutal damage" to the local ecosystem."
Idiots!

The chlorine from bleach will break down after a few hours in the sun. Having said that, the virus will probably die after a few hours in the sun too, especially in Spain during summer.

Yeah Australia is relaxing the lockdown laws. Most of the states started allowing bigger groups of people to hang out together, and people are allowed to go shopping for clothes and other non compulsory items. People are also allowed to drive up to 50km away from their home now so they can visit friends and family. This all started last Monday.

Tonight when I went for my walk there were so many Fuplie idiots out there it wasn't funny. Three high speed chases, a group of idiots in a 4wd doing burnouts on a public park, a group of drunken teenagers smashing bottles all over the footpaths, and a moron riding a bike while he was holding a German Shepherd dog. That moron was riding up behind people and screaming at them and his dog would go nuts when he did it.

This is what happens when you let morons out of their houses instead of just sterilising them and locking them up until they die.

----------------
One of the states has not relaxed its social distancing laws and it will be interesting to see which states if any have a sudden outbreak of the virus due to the relaxed laws.

Kids also went back to school on Wednesday (a couple of days ago).

I’m from Texas, U.S. We are in Phase I if opening up. Retail and restaurants open at 25% capacity. No barber shops, nail salons, or gyms open yet. Most people still wearing masks.

My daughter brought over our little 9 month old granddaughter to visit. We sat outside 6 feet + plus apart. My wife and I had been babysitting her before this all happened. We had a nice visit but she really wanted to be held by me and my wife, It was hard to see the look in her eyes when we could not hold her. I will be very happy when this is all over. :sad:

My daughter brought over our little 9 month old granddaughter to visit. We sat outside 6 feet + plus apart. My wife and I had been babysitting her before this all happened. We had a nice visit but she really wanted to be held by me and my wife, It was hard to see the look in her eyes when we could not hold her. I will be very happy when this is all over. :sad:
Poor kiddo. It will be worth the wait when you get to hold her again, knowing you kept each other safe :)

Most reactions

Back