Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'd have been more surprised if they'd announced they were lifting it.
On a plus note easter eggs are dirt cheap now because no one has bought them like they normally would. Picked up a Thornton egg that's normally a tenner for £2.50 last night and I was finally able to buy pasta for the first time in over a month.

All estimates point towards 60,000 deaths by August. Thats less than the flu killed a few years ago WITH a vaccine. We've had worse flu seasons, and better flu seasons. I had the flu, it was bad, I didn't get the vaccine, however I was up in 5 days. We loose thousands each year from the flu. There are hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations each year from the flu. No one bats an eye. Plus children get the flu. I knew a little girl who was hospitalized for dehydration. Shes fine now. Humans are resilient in many ways. The difference between the flu and the coronavirus is that we are all used to the flu, but the coronavirus is something new, something novel, we've not seen it before. Thats the difference

On a plus note easter eggs are dirt cheap now because no one has bought them like they normally would. Picked up a Thornton egg that's normally a tenner for £2.50 last night and I was finally able to buy pasta for the first time in over a month.
I haven't been able to buy anything at all for the last week.
I have been eating potatoe chips and chocolate because that is the only food I have left. It's not a good diet for a diabetic.
I'm going on a crime spree tomorrow because I am out of food and the government doesn't give a fk. I figure I will go into the supermarkets and kill a couple of the staff so I get sent to prison and get fed and medication there.
I'm so fed up with this crap.

No one bats an eye. Plus children get the flu. I knew a little girl who was hospitalized for dehydration. Shes fine now. Humans are resilient in many ways. The difference between the flu and the coronavirus is that we are all used to the flu, but the coronavirus is something new, something novel, we've not seen it before. Thats the difference

Your own posts states the difference, children and healthy people aren't dying from the flu.

Edit: Your numbers may be way off, ventilators are saving lives, so if we did nothing there would be even more deaths. This is not the flue it is far worse.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to buy anything at all for the last week.
I have been eating potatoe chips and chocolate because that is the only food I have left. It's not a good diet for a diabetic.
I'm going on a crime spree tomorrow because I am out of food and the government doesn't give a fk. I figure I will go into the supermarkets and kill a couple of the staff so I get sent to prison and get fed and medication there.
I'm so fed up with this crap.
Living proof that the countries need to open back up.

Your own posts states the difference, children and healthy people aren't dying from the flu.
I agree with the TenthDoctor. Well said! How do you know the flu hasn’t killed healthy people or children? I know you didn’t keep up with flu statistics because it’s a norm. Fact is, children have died from the flu! In Houston, none of the Corona deaths have been from “healthy people”, they have ALL had underlying health issues. This is awful, don’t get me wrong. The flu is deadly too though and people don’t bother to get the vaccine. It will be the same way with Covid-19 in a few years. People get com placid once vaccines and treatments are found.

Last edited:
I read somewhere yesterday, that this thing might stretch on to 2021-2022. :(

I agree with @TheTenthDoctor, we need to stop this madness. Open everything back up.

Edit: Your numbers may be way off, ventilators are saving lives, so if we did nothing there would be even more deaths. This is not the flue it is far worse.
We should look at the Spanish Influenza pandemic of 1918-1920 people were literally dropping dead. That is not happening here

We should look at the Spanish Influenza pandemic of 1918-1920 people were literally dropping dead. That is not happening here
Exactly. The flu outbreak was WAY worse than this. People are overreacting.

My Civil Air Patrol Unit (KY-058) might be deployed to help the national guard with handing out medical supplies. (Food, water, masks, gloves, etc.)

I read somewhere yesterday, that this thing might stretch on to 2021-2022. :(

I agree with @TheTenthDoctor, we need to stop this madness. Open everything back up.
Both my parents are out of work. There are millions on unemployment. Hundreds are laid off. I said it was overblown from the beginning. We need to open back up and live with the consequences. Use hand sanitizer and practice hygiene. That is our best defense. We all need to work we all need to pay rent and child care. No matter what the cost we have to open up. We can’t stay locked up forever it’s not possible

Both my parents are out of work. There are millions on unemployment. Hundreds are laid off. I said it was overblown from the beginning. We need to open back up and live with the consequences. Use hand sanitizer and practice hygiene. That is our best defense. We all need to work we all need to pay rent and child care. No matter what the cost we have to open up. We can’t stay locked up forever it’s not possible
I read somewhere that no human contact for 5 months can give a person PTSD.

I miss my activities, I miss my friends. :(

Who cares?

People are dying, I have relatives who are elderly and I don't want to see them die unnecessarily, the whole point of having a goverment and organisational structure to a society is to create order and a safe place to be. You cant just give up and let any number of diseases (HIV for example) that come about go rampant killing everyone. If you were to take your view of not wanting to reduce deaths of this COVID19 and apply it to all facets of healthcare, then we may as well shut down hospitals and that little girl you mention could have died too from dehydration. There s no logic to saying we are only going to bother working on vacines or efforts for some diseases that can kill people and not work on some other diseases that can kill peole.

“When the government fears the people you have liberty when the people fear the government you have tyranny”
This whole thing is essential a power grab in some areas. The bill of rights has been discarded and the constitution trampled. All in the name of a virus that’s less devastating than the flu. This government reach into my life has made me angry and suspicious

Most reactions

Back