Coronavirus...post your thoughts here...

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

It definitely could have. If you look at videos of the wet markets in china there are many different cats shoved in tiny cages and illegally smuggled in for "gourmet dishes"

Description of wet market:

""As you walk towards the stalls, you slip on the feces and blood. These are perfect places for viruses to spread. Not only that, people are working there ... kids are playing there. Families almost live there.""

They had closed down all of the wet markets for awhile but because they are mainly run by gangs they couldn't really enforce it long term and they are open again

This is what I’m trying to say. The numbers in the “news” don’t match the national numbers I’m seeing in hospital reports. It’s all very confusing. I can’t go into specific details so I’m saying nothing further. I hope my numbers are correct and yours are not. New York is a war zone!

A lot of the black community don't have as much money as white people and there might be more people living in smaller buildings, so the virus would have less trouble spreading. Poor people in lower class suburbs might not have access to medical care due to the high cost of medical care in the US.

The same thing happens in Australia with the aboriginals living in remote communities not having access to any medical care unless they travel hundreds of kilometers into town. A lot of them are poor and don't trust white people and that doesn't help.

I know there are issues there but this virus is killing young healthy people so I don't think the wealth and access to good health services is necessarily why black people in that country have it worst.

They had closed down all of the wet markets for awhile but because they are mainly run by gangs they couldn't really enforce it long term and they are open again

You cannot be serious, the Chinese government has absolute control over its citizens.

You cannot be serious, the Chinese government has absolute control over its citizens.
Not the gangs lol. Most of the citizens but not the gangs

The thing is they saw that the gangs who are running the markets were getting restless and harder to control so they allowed them to be open again. The Government here foes the same thing with gangs, they let the "less important" gang run issues slide so they can focus on the ones deemed more important or dangerous to the community

Yes my dad lived in china and there are definitely things the government cant control, of course being a communist country they dont want other countries to know that they dont have complete power over their citizens

I know there are issues there but this virus is killing young healthy people so I don't think the wealth and access to good health services is necessarily why black people in that country have it worst.
I’m talking about black communities in the U.S.

Our government is looking into why it is that people of color are being much more widely affecting by this invisible enemy. Trump says the government is researching this and will come up with statistics in the next few days. He stated it this evening in his press briefing. Social distancing has greatly helped lower the case rate and death rate up to this point though they are still very high and still growing.

Once lockdowns restrictions are lifted, I believe we will all have to change our normal ways of acting when around others to keep the spread from rising again. Businesses such as restaurants and movie theaters and also sporting events will still be greatly affected by this for a long time as people change their habits and go out to crowded areas less oten. That will most likely have to continue at least until a vaccine and drug treatments are approved. Sad times we live in.

Last edited:
If New York Governor Andrew Comuo would approve chloroquine phosphate for treatment we may lower our numbers in NY. Who is he to make such a decision, anyway.

If New York Governor Andrew Comuo would approve chloroquine phosphate for treatment we may lower our numbers in NY. Who is he to make such a decision, anyway.
There is definitely promising data for that treatment.

Most reactions

Back