Beginnings of a 220Uk gallon reeftank

hey Nav..you've had everything transferred into that tank for 2 days now.. WHERE ARE THE PICS??? ;) :p

I'm seriously in awe of that tank and can't wait to see it completed!!

I wanna go swimming :p

It's going to look absolutely amazing. I do however think you might need a second house to keep all your other belongings in cos that tank seems to take up all your room!

I cannot believe that I missed this thread... :huh: :eek: :blink: That looks absolutely amazing!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Can't wait to see it finished! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ok everyone, time for the next set of updates...

I half filled the tank and left that water overnight to reach the correct temperature. The following day i placed the tank water from my 100 gallon tank into the new one along with all the liverock, fish, corals and livesand. The results were this :sick:

murkyasfur.jpg

You can see my asfur trying to finds its way through the murky depths!

murkytank2.jpg

I left 2 small powerheads running so that there was minimla flow through the tank. After 2 days thedusts had settled and the tank finaly looked like this!

220new.jpg

I have not done any aquascaping yet. The rocks and corals have fallen just as i placed em in the tank. I do not have anywhere near enough liverock to start creting structures yet so i have left the rocks scattered to give the fish a feeling of securityand to allow the light to reach as much rock surface as possible.

The left hand side of the tank.
220newleft.jpg

The Middle of the tank.
220newcenter.jpg

You can see how the right hand side of the tank falls i nto darkness. This is because the 400w halide cantreach that far. :/

My favorite bit of live rock. This will be forming part of a coral atoll when i finally get more liverock to add t the tank.
220newliverock.jpg

My Asfur Angel, Silty wrasse and some corals.. an encrusting Pagoda and a maze coral.
220newcorals.jpg

My Clam (which now looks tiny!) and my bubble coral
220newclambubble.jpg

And finally for now...
My Baby :wub: She is so gorgeous, the camera just doesnt doher justice. She will be the star attraction of the tank one day alongside my tangs when they arrive.
220newasfur.jpg

ok thats it for now.. more updates in the next stage. :D

and about time to!!

thats awesome, i like the clam :D

what pumps are you using to return form the sump?

deffinately needs some more bits in there looks a litle empty to me

hi everyone,
thanks for the comments, i will try and answer a few here.

what pumps are you using to return form the sump?

Any chance of a shot of the sump mechanics in the near future?

The sump is not connected yet im afraid. the tank is running and the old sump simply is not the right dimennsions to fit underneath. i am getting a new sump designed for the tank. Meanwhile i am keeping the sump alove by sending a flow through it and feeding it every 2 days.

When the sump is finally connected though it will run on a Newjet 3000.

when are u getting yur Vlamingi tang?
Im not. The tangs i am considering for this tank is an emperor, Achilles, Poweder brown and Sohal.

Just to update you all ... the tank is now in its horrible dirty brown diatom stage :sick: looking really aweful but its just one of these things.. im hope ful it will pass very soon considering theamount og matured items that did go into the tank

Most reactions

Back