Anyone Want To Rant? About Anything? I Do.

Small rant

LFS - they p me off so much, it goes from one extreme to another, I go to one lfs and they nothing, there telling people you can put oscars in your 5 gallon plastic tank, then I go to another one and there saying ''Oh no neons need 160 litres minimum and this and that......'' Its like tell me something right or just dont say it at all...

People who.....well, just people generally......
*is in a particularly anti-social mood*:grr:

You anti-social never :lol: . At least you don't have idiot parents who can see your blowing down a path (ie blowing dirt, small stones, leaves etc in all directions with usually a bit of natrual wind eddies affecting the aimed for direction) and still have their children run directly into the path of all the stuff which will be right at a kids eye height. Or the ever so helpful people that think they are keeping me employed as a gardener by throwing their Red Rooster, KFC, Hungry Jacks and MacDonalds on the ground not 1m away from a bin....becuase apparently all council workers are also garbage and sanitation people :angry: , and don't even get me started on what they do to public BBQ's :crazy: .

My real rant for the day people not having an iota of an idea that there is other parts to Queensland besides Brisbane, and they are other Queenslanders :blink: . Also we really need a tearing your hair out emoticon !

Liars, people who make up things because they think it makes them look good.
When you question them, they make up more lies or just ignore you

Wrong spelling in newspapers, books or on the bottom of the screen when the news is on. Clearly someone needs their p45 asap. That annoys me more than the high viz plonker or the eejit on the phone!! :rolleyes: :shout: :angry:

I used to be a copy editor at a newspaper, and I feel your pain! And this reminds me of the improper use of punctuation, especially apostrophes. The plural of TV is TVs, not TV's. DVDs, CDs, etc. And that's another one ... etc.! It's short for et cetera. Not ect!

i have a rant,
its 5.35am ive been up all night with toothache,a tooth cracked in half last night :-(
i`m climbing the walls here, my god toothache is bloody agony and im waiting for
the dentist to open, i`ll be outside and the second the door opens i`m in.

god i hate toothache

riffraff

Go to your doctor tell them what happened and get photograpic evidence of the injuries then tell the college that your taking them through for damages that where preventable. I bet they start putting down the grit ASAP.

my rant for life. compensation vultures. both public and professionally. get a life and earn your own living!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont see why i should pay council tax, and let blind unsteady people live off it.
fine if you fall down a unlit 30 foot hole. but tripping or slipping on a pavement (side-walk)? get real and look where you are going

But what if you break an arm for slipping or tripping on a pavement as a result of no-one gritting it and you have a job where you need your arms? You're legally entitled to sue for damages and compensation relating to loss of earnings/healthcare costs/loss of personal property etc.

But I do agree that say trapping your finger in a gate and bruising it is not a valid claim for compensation.

Actually, legally if the pavement wasn't gritted & you fall, you cannot sue.
You accepted the risk by walking on it.
If it was gritted or cleared & you slip, then you can sue.

Does the same apply to a footpath leading into a school/college, not actual pavement? Stupid law to be honest, the duty of care lies with the college.

Yes, the same archaic law applies, so it's better not to try clearing it

But what if you break an arm for slipping or tripping on a pavement as a result of no-one gritting it and you have a job where you need your arms? You're legally entitled to sue for damages and compensation relating to loss of earnings/healthcare costs/loss of personal property etc.

But I do agree that say trapping your finger in a gate and bruising it is not a valid claim for compensation.

do you not share any responsibility?
I would suggest you are, at least, as responsible as the council. more so, in fact.
or do we live in a world where we abdicate responsibility for or actions, as soon as we walk out of our house?

but, ultimately my argument is with the sick leaches who chase people.
"have you had an accident in the last three years?" "we can get you compensation!".

i have had emails and texts, recently. stating i am entitled to compensation for my accident. All i have to do is, contact/text this company.
even though i have had no accident over that period.

and when its all tied up, most, companies end up getting more of the compo, than the client.
the, disingenuous "no win no fee" claim, . conning people into thinking they will be the beneficiaries of any award.
the truth is, very few companies give the client the full amount of the claim.

perhaps its just I'm from a different generation.
but i take full responsibility for my own actions.
I am also aware accidents just happen, sometimes.
I just dont see why my misfortune should benefit the bottom feeding slime, called compensation law firms.
especially as they are well paid (indeed massively over paid) by court awarded costs, should they win, anyway.

just think about the term "NO WIN NO FEE".
in most cases it means. WIN AND GET A FEE.

if it were as they suggest. it should be called "NO FEE".

Just been to Wales for work, and paid £12.10 for my small Corsa van (compact) to go over the Severn bridge.The estate car (station wagon) next to me was only £6.00.
How does that work?
At least Dick Turpin, wore a mask.

What the heck kind of person bids on something on ebay, pays for it, doesn't turn up to collect it, and then tells the seller to keep it or relist it? :blink: :huh: :grr:

Why does the free sheet delivery person leave the paper hanging half out ofthe letter box?
Came home the other day, it'd been lashing down all afternoon, & the paper was sodden, & had dripped through into my hall argh!

Most reactions

Back