Anyone Else Think This Is Disgusting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The largest of the containers, if they are around 2 gallons or so, would be fine for a few shrimp like cherries or bee shrimp The seller could also give a link to various articles on how to make a sponge filter for them ( like the one on here for example ) .

That's really great to hear! Well done. And it's nice too see the person was just misguided.

The bowls could be turned into just little planted bowls...or snail bowls (with some form of lid)
Or as suggested above, with a lil filter, a couple of small shrimp.

Are you going to be e-mailing the guy any suggestions? If no one else is I would like too.

What an excellent outcome!! Well done - maybe we could do the same to some of the other sellers of outrageous betta homes.

The one that sticks in my mind is that nightlight one... I won't link it, but if you search on BETTA FISH TANK IN HANNAH MONTANA WITH NIGHT LIGHT you will see the one I mean on ebay.

I will see if I can email the seller and send them the link to this forum. If a few others of you do it they might just take notice...

Athena

One thing that I am confused about though is how this thread was allowed to continue. I don't mean to go off topic here but just hear me out for a second.

Modaz started off a thread earlier on today about something similar, called "Who's Gunna To Be The First To Tell This Breeder Off". It was relating to an eBay auction about 10 bettas that are barely 5 weeks old. It is a very similar topic to this one, ie people selling bettas in inappropriate circumstances when this one is about people on eBay selling things to house bettas in inappropriate circumstances. It's not that much different a topic. Yet wuvmybetta locked the thread stating it was too inflammatory and was not in TFF's interests for war to be declared on an eBay seller. I wholeheartedly agree that TFF or it's members have no business launching attacks on individuals from other internet sites, but on the flipside I see no reason why threads such as Modaz's should be closed, because we could have continued that thread in a similar manner to this one and in all probability would have reached the same outcome. I am sure that a large body of people on here all being reasonably consistent in their opinions about the appropriate age for betta fry to be posted would have been enough to convince this particular individual that he was mistaken for believing they were ready for shipment.
Furthermore, a topic such as Modaz's would have been a brilliant example to show to those people that are unsure of the correct age for selling betta fry, as I am sure that there have been threads all asking these types of questions in the past and no doubt there will be more to come. I am sure that people would have been restrained in their responses, like they were reasonably so on this thread. The more cases of mistakes and/or cruelty that we can highlight and flag up to people in efforts to correct their ways the better in my opinion. A great many of these cruelty threads are down to the person involved failing to either recognise or consider the basics that we are so familiar with. Yes we all as fishkeepers get highly irritated/emotional/angry about these things but I am sure that we can contain ourselves enough to be able to give constructive criticism in a way that shows the positive side of being TFF members, instead of making TFF look like a loony extremist animal rights convent.
I am interested to know the response of the Moderators in this regard. I do apologise for hi-jacking this thread, but since we are seeing more and more instances of things that constitute cruelty (LFS disasters, Inappropriate Tank Manufacturers, YouTube horrors etc), I do think the Moderators have to now give us all some kind of clarification on what should and should not be on the public boards here. We see heated debates on these boards in all these instances, we see comments that are inflammatory and usually very negative aimed at the people involved in the complaint, which by my understanding go against TFF Flamig/Trolling rules, I for one would like to see what the 'Official' position is.

To get back on track (because I will not go down this route with anyone again, unless the Moderators will enter a civil conversation with me on the subject), I am very happy that Bronzecat was able to achieve some justice on this particular case, and well done to him for being civil and level-headed enough to get his points across without being patronising, demeaning, condascending etc. This result is a great example of TFF doing some good for the rest of the world.

One thing that I am confused about though is how this thread was allowed to continue. I don't mean to go off topic here but just hear me out for a second.

Modaz started off a thread earlier on today about something similar, called "Who's Gunna To Be The First To Tell This Breeder Off". It was relating to an eBay auction about 10 bettas that are barely 5 weeks old. It is a very similar topic to this one, ie people selling bettas in inappropriate circumstances when this one is about people on eBay selling things to house bettas in inappropriate circumstances. It's not that much different a topic. Yet wuvmybetta locked the thread stating it was too inflammatory and was not in TFF's interests for war to be declared on an eBay seller. I wholeheartedly agree that TFF or it's members have no business launching attacks on individuals from other internet sites, but on the flipside I see no reason why threads such as Modaz's should be closed, because we could have continued that thread in a similar manner to this one and in all probability would have reached the same outcome. I am sure that a large body of people on here all being reasonably consistent in their opinions about the appropriate age for betta fry to be posted would have been enough to convince this particular individual that he was mistaken for believing they were ready for shipment.
Furthermore, a topic such as Modaz's would have been a brilliant example to show to those people that are unsure of the correct age for selling betta fry, as I am sure that there have been threads all asking these types of questions in the past and no doubt there will be more to come. I am sure that people would have been restrained in their responses, like they were reasonably so on this thread. The more cases of mistakes and/or cruelty that we can highlight and flag up to people in efforts to correct their ways the better in my opinion. A great many of these cruelty threads are down to the person involved failing to either recognise or consider the basics that we are so familiar with. Yes we all as fishkeepers get highly irritated/emotional/angry about these things but I am sure that we can contain ourselves enough to be able to give constructive criticism in a way that shows the positive side of being TFF members, instead of making TFF look like a loony extremist animal rights convent.
I am interested to know the response of the Moderators in this regard. I do apologise for hi-jacking this thread, but since we are seeing more and more instances of things that constitute cruelty (LFS disasters, Inappropriate Tank Manufacturers, YouTube horrors etc), I do think the Moderators have to now give us all some kind of clarification on what should and should not be on the public boards here. We see heated debates on these boards in all these instances, we see comments that are inflammatory and usually very negative aimed at the people involved in the complaint, which by my understanding go against TFF Flamig/Trolling rules, I for one would like to see what the 'Official' position is.

To get back on track (because I will not go down this route with anyone again, unless the Moderators will enter a civil conversation with me on the subject), I am very happy that Bronzecat was able to achieve some justice on this particular case, and well done to him for being civil and level-headed enough to get his points across without being patronising, demeaning, condascending etc. This result is a great example of TFF doing some good for the rest of the world.

the thread that got locked was more of an invitation for people to flame someone on ebay than a demonstration of what not to do.

to be quite honest, i think most of you get way too riled up against these people. there are worst things in the world. i roll my eyes so much on here.

I would love to respond to that much more fully, but in order to lead by example (not claiming I'm any leader, just proving my point about TFF members being able to restrain themselves and give constructive criticism) and to protect my eligibilty to leave posts on this very good forum, I shall decline to be drawn in to any arguement with certain members of this forum that don't always have the forum's interests at heart.

to be quite honest, i think most of you get way too riled up against these people. there are worst things in the world. i roll my eyes so much on here.

You're on a FISH forum, not a world news forum, so the fact that there are worse things in the world is a completely baseless argument on a forum like this.

And BTW, no one is forcing you to stay here, if you only stick around to roll your eyes at others. Bored much?

FWIW, I have PM'd 'rrrr' and will not hesitate to bring it to the attention of the forum Moderators regarding their contributions if need be. However, I would ask in the mean time that no-one pays any attention to the flammable posts left by questionable members of this forum, and carry on as if the post had never been made.
Many thanks all, you'll see it's worth turning a blind eye once in a while.

FWIW, I have PM'd 'rrrr' and will not hesitate to bring it to the attention of the forum Moderators regarding their contributions if need be. However, I would ask in the mean time that no-one pays any attention to the flammable posts left by questionable members of this forum, and carry on as if the post had never been made.
Many thanks all, you'll see it's worth turning a blind eye once in a while.

Seriously Devorax, Time to get over yourself again I think. I am talking to rrrr in chat and she is definatley not a troll, she just hasnt got her head up in the clouds like alot of you. There are alot worst things in the world then all these ebay items, look at the fish you are keeping it is severly inbred and half of you keep it in less then 2 gallons, that is like a cup. Look at yourself before you judge others methinks!

i never thought i would see the day when i agree with ace but here it is.
if you don't like these containers don't look for them. while i agree most are too small for be a home for a fish, i ended using my small Betta tank as a transport cup, water scoop. and many other things, and would buy another one in a heart beat because they are sturdy containers and can be used for other things besides bettas, and savvy buyers maybe looking to use these small Betta cups for other uses. So before you start on your war path think, breath, and educate with out attacking others. the second you become hostile to others, including others who have a different opinion you become no better then the ppl who are trying to scold.

and RRR is a wonderful person, having spoken to her in chat. there are worse ppl on this forums then her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back