Anyone Else Think This Is Disgusting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removable lid for easy feeding and maintenance
That's what it says on the product page. I didn't realising actually being able to access the fish for feeding and maintenance was a feature.
I stupidly thought it was a neccesity :huh:

How WOULD you go about trying to stop this. I mean if it was a furry animal you'd obviously contact the RSPCA, birds = RSPB...but fish?
Anyone any ideas?

I can sorta accept Bettas being kept in those small containers in fish shops, where they stay for a very short space of time.
But it should be a law that they are kept in reasonable conditions if it is a permenant home.

Also
Product Description: Item: 2754152
Add a nostalgic accent to any room with this one 1.6 liter aquarium for one Betta (more than one fish is not recommended).

Glad to see more than one fish 'is not recommended' :crazy:

The thing that gets me about the guy who puts those vases together and then sells them as betta vases, is that he states he is a designer and has spent many years developing these things. he also states he's done research! He makes an issue about his disability, which is why i find it extraordinarly perculiar that he is being so narrow minded. Like i said, he only seems to want good feedback. I'd love to meet him, oh yeh! think i will email him again and put a link to this thread for his attention.

hey if you go and look at his blog hes the same guy that makes "bowls" out of drinking glasses and puts spikey plastic plants in them.

that lave thing would look cool i fit wasnt so mean lol!

??

DEATH.jpg

is life like

DSCF0981-1.jpg

:shifty: -_- :huh:

Design? What like the sort of design that you can pick up in any supermarket or home furnishings store ? Like Habitat for example? In fact Habitat have vases twice the size of that and bigger.

I have a glass bowl exactly like that. You know what I keep in it? MOSS.

How does this imbecile get away with touting these ten a penny cheap glass containers as " Design" ? There's NOTHING unusual, or aesthetically pleasing or intruiging about them. A straight glass vase or sweet jar is not design. Those have been made for centuries . I'm sorry but there's no way he/she "designed" or even made those . I think they should be reported to Ebay for false advertising. That's blatantly a case of someone bulk buying some cheap glassware, filling it with gravel and a plastic plant, and selling it on touted as aquaria.

I have emailed the "designer" the link for this thread.

The "designer" says:

"Have several years of design education and experience. My primary focus is on the life-style…the interior you create and the space they flourish in."

You don't need several years of design education and experience to buy a heap of tiny jars from a store and fill them with gravel and a fake plants!!!

LIFE-STYLE!!! What life!!! being stuck in a tiny jar with pretty much no space to even turn around!!! That isn't a life!!!

And could anything actually flourish in something that tiny!!! The only way that the "designer" could possibly think that a betta could flourish in that jar, would be if he/she thinks that it is healthy for a human to spend their whole life living in a cardboard box!!!

That so called "betta bowl" is disgusting!!!

some of those tanks make me think a little more similar to sitting in the toilet bowl for the rest of my life.

Is a 'vase' the term used for the pic of what looks like a goldfish bowl?
My mother previously picked up some small things for me at various garage sales, including a goldfish bowl of about a gallon - comes in very handy for keeping small quantities of plants alive as it's clear and can fit into small places to catch light.
Of course, you can't cram much plant mass in, as it dies.
Not enough room.

I found this heated "Betta Spa" on-line. Only 2 gallons, but still a TON better than some of the crap out there being sold for bettas. At least these people realize the fish need heat!!!

Opinions on this?

[URL="http://thebettaspa.com/3.html"]http://thebettaspa.com/3.html[/URL]

IMO, it is a viable alternative to those (and we KNOW they are out there!) that INSIST they want a betta in a vase!

It's better than the bowl for sure. But they contradict themselves by giving the correct information that bettas live in vast quantities of shallow water, and need larger spaces, yet the vase is only 1.5 - 2 gallons.

It's so much cheaper to get a 5-10 gallon tank at a Car boot or Garage sale/craigslist ect.

I think it's a case that many ( no, not all ) people simply either cannot be bothered to put the effort in, can't be arsed to make space for a slightly bigger tank ( and I will bet my last quid I'd find a space in an average home/apartment ) or are so obsessed with having something pretty to look at that the health of the fish be damnned as long as it looks good.

Both the Betta Bowl and the Lavarium are so cruel. Why do they even sell these things. and they are even smaller then my last setup. The only use I can find is for keeping flowers.

I found this heated "Betta Spa" on-line. Only 2 gallons, but still a TON better than some of the crap out there being sold for bettas. At least these people realize the fish need heat!!!

Opinions on this?

<a href="http://thebettaspa.com/3.html" target="_blank">http://thebettaspa.com/3.html</a>

IMO, it is a viable alternative to those (and we KNOW they are out there!) that INSIST they want a betta in a vase!
Temperature Settings: If the room temperature is between 70° F and 75° F use the Betta Spa High setting. If the room temperature is between 75° F and 80° F use the Betta Spa Low setting. If the room temperature is 80° F or higher unplug the Spa Stand which turns it completely off.

problem with that is who keeps their house at 70-80 degrees. my thermostat is set at 60, heating oil isent cheap and tank heaters for a few small tanks is more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back