7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

Nice Bichir! looks tiny! how much did you pay for it ? Wouldnt mind getting one just no decent grow out tank.

im after p14's but it totally depends on price at the moment!
I think the endlicheri was meant to be £25 but he gave it to me for £20, so not too bad. Its bigger than those delhezi we got, about 4 inch id say. Its very nice and cant wait for it to get a bit bigger and go in the big tank, i have the endli, del and ornate in the grow out tank all being bulked up, id give it a few months before they are big enough.
Cheers T1 i will definitely take then, just let me know when they're ready to go!

just a few pics of the cutteri breeding pair.
the first one is the female, think she is still peed off i nicked her babies!!
the second is the male, just peed off in general, he is stunning though, really colourful with a solid black edge to hes dorsal and anal fins!
the third is their part of the tank set up for them breeding again with all the slab sided rocks, there is slate, granite and all sorts so they are spoiled for choice!

and the third is just a quick shot of the juvi rotkeil severums, starting to show a bit of colour now but got a bit to go at the biggest being about 2"! give at a few more months and they'll be stunning, all ten of them!

will try and take some pictures of the cutteri fry now and get them up.

Dave

Attachments

• Cutteri female 1.jpg
    Cutteri female 1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 48
  • Cutteri male 1.jpg
    Cutteri male 1.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 91
  • Cutteri set up 1.jpg
    Cutteri set up 1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 73
  • Sp. Rotkeil juvi\'s 1.jpg
    Sp. Rotkeil juvi\'s 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 67
well here are the new arrivals!
i count 26 left, not good out of a couple of hundred eggs! but considering the male ate most of them as they hatched and after an emergency move its not bad.
and although its there second time breeding, its the first time they have hatched so its not bad at all really.
i will give the cutteri pair a couple of weeks of good decent food to bulk up again and do another good water change and cross my fingers.
think next time i will leave the eggs and remove the male as it was him who ate them!
trial and error is in need i think!

Attachments

• Cutteri fry 1.jpg
    Cutteri fry 1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Cutteri fry 2.jpg
    Cutteri fry 2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Cutteri fry 3.jpg
    Cutteri fry 3.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 58
some tank that like dave mate im just about to order the same size 7 3 3

this tank is only 7x30"x26" id love to have the room for a 3 foot wide one but i don't yet, will have to wait until i move but i can't see that being in the next couple of years so this will have to do for now!!

thanks, those fish aren't in the big tank but just thought id show them, although the severums are going into the big tank when they are about 4 inch or so, should just be a couple of months off now, then wait for a couple of pairs to form!!

well the babies are swimming around the tank now, after their yolk sacks went they have been eating vinegar eels and munching on powdered tetra doramin pellets, all still alive i think so looking alright!!

well, looks like the arowana is going, won't stop attacking the pink tailed chalceus and after a long debate (with myself) i have chosen to keep the characin as i've had it so long and i have a few mates for it growing on up stairs.
shame really, the arowana is now at least 14" long and absolutely perfect, but i suppose some things just don't work out.
so its for sale in the classifieds threads, looking for about £60 for him.

will probably wait until money permits and get a small asian arowana and see how that goes!!

just hope someone takes the aro soon with a good home as i really don't want to take him to the lfs!

oh, will be picking up the frontosa's tomorrow so will try and get some pictures up!

Dave

if my tank was set up i would take the silver aro but you probaly want rid before a month

well really id want rid asap but im very reluctant to send it back to the lfs as no matter how much he asks about how big peoples tanks are anyone could turn around and say that they have a 6,7 or 8 foot tank, so in all reality it could end up anywhere!
how would you get it from here though if you was to have it?
thought you was having the asian aro in there? i thought they wouldn't get along??

its a shame as i like the fish and has come along beautifully in the last couple of months but i just can't bring myself to let the characin go!

if you wanted i could do a part ex on the filter and heaters when you are ready but i don't know how you'd get it, i doubt the other half would drive all the way to you!!

Most reactions

Back