7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

hi, the tank and stand was custom made by a company called aqua stands, somewhere in the midlands i believe.
the bubble maker, i assume you meen the air pump? well thats just a cheap one, made by re sun i think, its the only 4 outlet one i could find without spending loads, i am going to get a better one one day but this one is quiet and quite powerful and was about £18 on sale brand new so i got it. its ok really!
does anyone know any decent 4 outlet air pumps??

got a couple of quick pictures of the plec, it is either L240 or L241 as it has the spike on its head, if anyone could help identify which it is then id appreciate it!
i think they are not too clear and i will try and get some more but most of the time it hides under the plants!
L240.jpg

2L240.jpg

Dave

looks nice Dave, the water looks nice and clear!

yeah im quite happy with it at the moment, i liked it better with all the wood in but had to go as it was affecting my ph which i need to stay at ph 7.0, the water is very clear, probably because of the 3 huge filters on it! don't know where im going to fit the 3rd eheim pro3 2080 im buying off T1karmann!
think im going to get one of those hma water filters for water changes aswel, will be looking into it in the next month or so.
i have ordered a polypterus endlicheri and should be here on thurseday, but last time they sent delhezi instead so i will see what comes, hope it is endlicheri as i've been waiting for one for ages now!
not brilliant pictures of the plec but thats the 1st time i've seen it out so i took them! will try and get some more as and when it starts venturing out more.
also the two new tiger fish are very shy at the moment and shoot off into the plants and behind the filter outlets/inlets when i approach the tank so will get pictures of them in time!

well got bored so i thought id take a few more pictures!
just a couple of the chubby rays!
retic1.jpg

retic2.jpg

retic3.jpg

and this is the female that i don't think has eaten anything, really skinny! tried loads of different foods with not much luck, but will keep persisting!
retic4.jpg

and just a quick one of the delhezi
delhezi.jpg

and one of the tiger fish, that is hiding away as usual!
dmicrolepis.jpg

still can't catch the new little tiger fish with the camera but will catch them one day!
might have some more pictures tomorrow as im picking up a polypterus endlicheri, well, i hope so as last time they send delhezi instead! will see what else is in aswel!

Dave

did you make the heater gaurds ?

why dont you buy the fluval ones whey are black so blend in better and cheap less than £5 each

yeah i made them out of some pipe, i was proud of them! no not going to buy anything as i want 3 of the external hydor ones, 2 of which are coming from you next month or whenever you empty it so i will only need to buy one new one.
i did go into the lfs before i made them and asked about them and they had these green ones that would have done for about £7.50 each but they only had one left so id of had to of waited a couple of weeks for another delivers. not to mention spending 20 odd quid when they will just get thrown out. i just didn't see the point really.
i know thats not a good picture of the female but you can tell its really skinny can't you, i will try and get some better pictures when i get the other halfs good camera again.
the two males are really chunky now so it must just be that female, don't know whats wrong with it!
should be getting the other female soon, im going to tell him to make sure he sends one that is definitely eating this time!

yeah i made them out of some pipe, i was proud of them! no not going to buy anything as i want 3 of the external hydor ones, 2 of which are coming from you next month or whenever you empty it so i will only need to buy one new one.
i did go into the lfs before i made them and asked about them and they had these green ones that would have done for about £7.50 each but they only had one left so id of had to of waited a couple of weeks for another delivers. not to mention spending 20 odd quid when they will just get thrown out. i just didn't see the point really.
i know thats not a good picture of the female but you can tell its really skinny can't you, i will try and get some better pictures when i get the other halfs good camera again.
the two males are really chunky now so it must just be that female, don't know whats wrong with it!
should be getting the other female soon, im going to tell him to make sure he sends one that is definitely eating this time!

i forgot you wanted the hydors :lol:

Beautiful looking tank :) however even though I would stock schooling and community fish and clown loach is the first fish that comes into my head lol, as I am not too keen on monster fish.
I was just wondering if suitable, are you considering any eels as that would be another nice fish to watch. Maybe a fire eel. There was someone on here recently trying to sell his moray eel at 40cm for £20, or he was going to do swap my 4 cory's, longnose loach and sucking loach for the eel but my tank is not big enough. So if you're interested then I could contact him, although as other people might know also that he may have to go into brackish at that size.
More and more people are buying huge tanks, even 2 of my close relatives have a 7ft+ tank and one has started his new marine project of 8ft x 8ft x 5ft which is crazy money even for a tropical setup. The biggest tank i have is a 4ft and will be for a long time lol. The step of 4ft to 7ft i think is not a huge step, but a really good size.
Hope it really works out for you :good:

there is already a fire eel in there, and as you say moray eels need brackish water so unsuitable for any fresh water tank.
small community fish are what i kept when i was younger and don't really appeal to me any more, this is why i bought a big tank, for big fish!!
soon as i can i will be getting a bigger tank but this house isn't really suitable as its my mums, i think 7x2.5x2 is as big as i could get in here. hopefully once i have my house i will be able to build my 12x6x4 but only the front would be glass and the rest concrete.
anyway, can't wait to pick up my polypterus endlicheri later on today! see what else he has aswel!!

yeah definitely want them! why? you aint gone and sold them to any one else have ya???

I can definately recomend the hydor external heaters, had mine running for a while now with no problems 200w on 240l tank and holds the temp perfect. Running two externals but only have the heater on the more powerful and dont appear to get any cold spots not so sure about a giant tank like yours though. Wish I could get a tank that size......................................

yeah i have heard they are good, i want them so i don't have to have heaters inside the tank, both to protect the rays from burns and just simply because internal heaters are rather unsightly!
with the tank being just over 1000 litres i will need 3 300 watt external heaters, so i will put one on the outlet of all three of my externals, they are all powerful, well they are one of the biggest external filters you can buy, soon to be 4!
i am hopefully buying the 2 hydor 300 watt externals off T1karmann and so i will only need to buy 1 new one, which would cost me around £40 delivered so not too bad.
at the moment i have 2 eheim pro3 2080's and a fluval fx5, but by the time i have all three external heaters i will have the third eheim pro3 2080 so as the eheims have less of a flow rate compared to the fx5 the externals will be on there outlets, as they would work more efficiently on them.

im getting impatient waiting until half 4 to go and pick up my newest bichir!

well, i picked up my polypterus endlicheri, and it was actually an endlicheri this time! about time!
i took a few pictures but only had a rubbish camera, and then it ran out of batteries! but got a few;
pendlicheri1.jpg

pendlicheri2.jpg

pendlicheri3.jpg

will obviously try and get some more pictures when i can but they will have to do for now.
they are in my smaller tank for now as its only about 4" so wouldn't last very long with the big fish! will fatten him up!

Dave

Most reactions

Back