7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

i have 50l of media in my exturnal filters which is more than the avarage sump :lol:

some up to date pictures of the tank and some inhabitants!

the whole tank, blanked out by the sun!
wholetank1.jpg

hujeta gar being nosey! i challenge some one to find a chubbier one! ha
side4.jpg

pink tailed chalceus, poor thing been chased around lately by the arowana!
pinktailedchalceus1.jpg

the reticulatus
pretic4.jpg

pretic3.jpg

pretic2.jpg

pretic1.jpg

best shot of the L240 i could get, doesn't half move when the camera comes out!
L2401.jpg

the culprit himself!
front4.jpg

trying to hide behind the characin....
front2.jpg

1 more!
front1.jpg

the delhezi, also trying to hide.....unsuccessfully!
delhezi2.jpg

cheeky chappy.
delhezi1.jpg

the tigerfish's attempt at hiding, his little mate found him!
datmicrolepis2.jpg

and pretending to be a bichir!
datanddelhezi1.jpg

and the thug re-appears.
aro2.jpg

aro1.jpg

hope you enjoy, when the arowana goes there will be more fish appearing in there!!

Them rays are well cool. What is a minimum tank size for one of them and how big do they grow,I Showed the mrss them and she hates them so it makes me want one even more :lol:

I like that indo tiger very good colour and the traditional stripes i like on Indos

yeah he is very nice, still in a mood since i took away all the bogwood he used to live behind, so bars not as dark as usual but hopefully should be happy again soon. the two little thin bars are still very shy, eating lance fish and prawns so hopefully grow a bit!
might order a couple more indo's but they will probably be about the same size as the thin bars, might have a look around. still dreaming of finding a pulcher, probably never going to happen now. saw a campbelli for sale the other day but io don't know if i like them, i like the perfect bars but the campbelli's have like speckly bars, unsure of them.

still waiting for this arowana to go, then i'll be able to sort out what im going to do / put in next!!

well the female reticulatus died last night, very skinny, as i said im sure it hasn't eaten a thing since i got it on the 2nd of january, so was just a matter of time.
still waiting on the delivery of another female, was told this weekend but doubt it now!

Dam it sorry to hear bout the loss buddy, on a top not those are some stunning fish you have mate,iam in love with the arowana,if i had a bigger tank i would take a trip up there,,you will find a home for him sooner or later..tank looks great

well the female reticulatus died last night, very skinny, as i said im sure it hasn't eaten a thing since i got it on the 2nd of january, so was just a matter of time.
still waiting on the delivery of another female, was told this weekend but doubt it now!

bummer, so what do you think caused her to stop eating? stress?

Oh no what a shame. Rotten that she never picked up for you.

Hope the other 2 are doing well though.

Shame about the female.

pink tailed chalceus - So that is the fish i saw in an LFS last week here. Looked nice and fat around 6inches but beat up.

liam; she never ate since i got her, so because the other 2 are doing so well she either had problems before i got her or she just didnt take too well to travelling.
Other 2 are doing brilliant, greedy little buggers!
If the new female settles in ok i will probably re home one of the males and just keep a pair. Hopefully the arowana will have a new home soon, some guy with a tropical pond wants it so i'll see what that entails!
On a good note all the frontosas are doing well, all have fat bellies and going to pick up some more at the end of the month!

well the female reticulatus died last night, very skinny, as i said im sure it hasn't eaten a thing since i got it on the 2nd of january,

frustrating watching them just fade isn;t it. Bummer mate but tank is looking good

The problems with wild caught rays is

the shippers stave then from the min they are caught until they are shipped this can be weeks

wild caught rays often have hooks stuck in their gut were fishermen catch them on a hook and don't remove them they just cut the line this means the ray cant pass the hook and they suffer a very painful death

well considering all that people mention about their survival rate and their bad treatment i should think 2 out of 3 survival isn't too bad, i think it is safe to say it came to me already with problems, im not entirely happy about even having to pay for another but i suppose i will have to. once this next female comes i will wait until i know it is eating and happy and just keep one of my males and sell the other on. at least who ever gets one of mine will know for a fact its eating and been well looked after!!
put an advert in my lfs for the arowana, it gets quite a lot of traffic and he said i can just leave it there as long as i want, he said i could take it there but he will give me half what its worth, like he does with all fish i've taken there, which is fair i suppose as 99% of places will give you a third of their value, but i will just give it another week or so to see if it gains any interest. got 2 emails this morning from the classifieds, one guy wants to come and look at it and one wanted pictures so i'll see where this goes!

Most reactions

Back