7 Foot, 1074 Litres, 284 Gallons.

yeah but im getting it cheap for £35, free postage. I could just get the female and send back one of the males and not need to spend a penny, it was my decision to keep them all and have an additional female.
I couldnt send any back they are all slightly different and i want to keep them all!
Might see what other fish he has and get then with the free delivery! Hehe

yeah but im getting it cheap for £35, free postage. I could just get the female and send back one of the males and not need to spend a penny, it was my decision to keep them all and have an additional female.
I couldnt send any back they are all slightly different and i want to keep them all!
Might see what other fish he has and get then with the free delivery! Hehe
Working out for you now which is good:) They cannot be making much by selling it for £35 deliverd!

yeah its getting there slowly but surely, well he said he is sending it free, so i think he is doing some sort of deal with the currier for when they are up this way, but the rays are for sale for £45 each but i got the 3 for £35 each + p+p so i said im only paying £35 for an additional one as it wasn't my fault and he said ok, i think he has loads of rays so i bet he gets them really cheap.
still trying top get some cash together for the sunshine plec, there is one at wildwoods at 30 cm for £195 and one at 15 cm for £119 so i think the one at bas at about 20 cm+ is worth the £140.
they have some nice plecs at my lfs called L168 butterfly plec but i think they only stay small so not really suitable, but they are about 3" and only £12.50 so quite cheap.

Dave

Yeah L168 are quite small at 5.5 inches max think they might end up as a snack for someone.

Wills

yeah they are gorgeous plecs, and amazing how they change colour! but like you said, they stay small i think i read 5" max but yeah i think it would end up a snack, shame my smaller tank is full of fish at he moment or i would of bought the 2 at the lfs.
will have to stick to saving my cash for the L014 hopefully it will only be a week or so now!!
i wouldn't mind a couple of the bigger rarer plecs but i know how much of a strain they can put on a tank, especially with my intended stocking, although with my filtration i would probably get away with it quite easily, will just have to see.
it just seems to have that 1 thing missing, you gotta have a plec in your tank haven't you!! and if that can be an absolutely stunning sunshine plec then im happy with that!

That's good about the female - fab price too. Hope he can get it to you quickly.

happy days and glad to hear they are fattening up

Do they interact well Dave having a small group of rays or do they go about their own business

i don't know to be sure simon, even with the 7 foot tank they can't really get away from each other so to speak, the female one doesn't move much, im not holding out much hope for it, so im crossing my fingers that the new female will be better and eat loads! because the 2 males are doing so well im wondering if there was something wrong with the female to start with?
i guess i'll never know, i don't think its eating, but if it hadn't ate in the time id had it would it still be alive? i don't know how long they last without food, its not one of the things it mentions on the pages of information on stingrays lol
also the guy who i sold my snakeheads to has 2 L024 for sale but he asked me to offer him a price, he said he doesn't want loads, no where near as much as they go for in shops, i don't know how much they go for in shops so i don't know what to offer, i said just give me a price but he aint got back to me yet. what you reckan?

simon the male rays often bump into each other, and sometimes you see the smaller one scoot off so obviously the bigger one, which is about 1.5" bigger in disc diametre, is the dominant one, i really hope this next female is eating well and so on, i seen some leopoldi for sale on the classifieds for £475 each, annoyed i never have money when the good offers come along!!

jeesy creezy Dave! 14,000 veiws on the thread!

funny isn't it!
hopefully i'll have more when things start getting interesting!!

just emailed a guy about an L14 pleco thats 25cm (about the same as the one in bas) he has it for sale for £90 so i will see what he emails back, only thing is its in leigh, near manchester so its another trip out! nevermind.

will let you know how it goes!

Dave

Hmmm... L024 is a less colourful version of L025 (cactus plec) so maybe check prices of L025 and offer a bit less?

yeah jen id still prefer to get some prices for the L24, but i definitely get where your coming from, this is why i emailed him back to ask him for a price as opposed to me making an offer. waiting on a email from the guy with this L014, he also has a nice 9" L600 which you don't see many of for the same price but i don't have enough to buy both! shame.
hey jen, do you know how far leigh is away from bolton? thats where it is, i know its near manchester somewhere lol
oh also, was you interested in this bogwood i have? if so, and assuming i go to pick up that plec, would you want it if i sold it for £40? i could drop it to you on the way to where ever leigh is? just thought id ask as its still just lying here doing nothing and i know you will use it well!! lol
just let me know whenever.

Dave

just an update, the guy changed the date of picking up the L014 so i can't be bothered messing around picking it up another time, so.... i went to world of water in blackpool to have a look round and came home with two datnioides undecimradiatus, only around 3" but will feed them up!! and also what was listed as an L29 plec at around 4-5" but its not, from what i can see its definitely either L240 or L241 as it has the spike on its head, when they are in and settled i will get some pictures.
will just have to wait for another decent L14 comes along!!

Oh missed this, if you still got that wood next time you are over this way give me a shout. £40 sounds good (as long as it's after payday LOL!)

Oh and for reference Leigh is probably a 45 min bus ride from Bolton so maybe 20-25 min in a car?

Dave,

Exceptional tank, just brilliant.

This may have been asked, but I've been through the whole thread and could'nt see.

1. What make is the tank?
2. What make are the bubble makers?

Thanks in advance

IC1

Most reactions

Back