LR1.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 76
  • LR2.jpg
    LR2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 90
  • LR3.jpg
    LR3.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 99
contemplating a bommie but will need some more LR for refegium and will need quick to avoid a mini cycle.

Will scape and add sand tommorrow am looking at a pistol shrimp goby pair how deep should I make the sand was thinking about 40mm.

Ok here is the mini Bommie lots of sand space as I will be having a fungia in here and am planning on a clam as well if poss :)

Attachments

• minibommie.jpg
    minibommie.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 81
Have a PAR meter not sure what LUX I need but can compare against my TL550 I suspect its 3-4 times brighter will post results.

Fish wise I am down to the last few fishes to select

Dracula or yasha with a randals goby

2 x Flashger wrasses or 4 Small cardinals blue eyes possible.

If Lux readings turn out good will give it a few months then add a Crocea Clam

hi

why is your sump so full i would bring the water level right down to stop a flood

nice tank anyway

regards scott

agreed, it does look rather high in there. have you tested a pump failure by turning your return off and seeing where the water line settles?

its worthwhile marking the sump in some way so that you don't top-up too much.

There is another chamber that you cannot see in the photo where the return pump sits this fills up, when the pump is switched off the sump is nowhere near full :) have tested this a few times :)

The section you can see on the right is the refeguim then the left hand side is split into 2 via baffles and the return pump sits in about 8inches of water and the sump is 18" deep

First tests

SG 1027 Meh :(
PH 8.3
Nitrite 0.0
Nitrate between 5 and 10
Ammonia 0

Apart from my High SG these figures indicate I had little to no cycle my LR was from an established tank and was transported wet for less than an hour.

I will not be adding anything for a week yet anyway I know Seffie will say do a 25% water change my question is what does this water change do? just curious :)

I will run mag tests on it tommorrow want this at right levels to start with !

I know Seffie will say do a 25% water change my question is what does this water change do? just curious :)

:p now that is where you are wrong Mr :p I would suggest a 50% water change when cycle finished and the magic 25% every week there after (if it's good enough for BigC, it's good enough for me :p)

Water changes replace calcium, Mag etc and of course help rid your water of any phosphates etc

Seffie x

woo hoo..............forgot to congratulate you on no cycle, now the fun begins

Was just curious :) still unsure what to add first,

dont think I am adding hermits

No Algae for snails and general CUC

Only thing I can think of is fish

Was just curious :) still unsure what to add first,

dont think I am adding hermits

No Algae for snails and general CUC

Only thing I can think of is fish

Expect some diatoms really soon and then you will wish you had put at least one hermit in and some sand sifting snails - so I would go ahead and put a small cuc (You can always put a bit of nori or the like in for them) in now and then in a week add a fish and maybe a coral :kana:

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back