18" Cube Journal

I am close to working my stock out for this tank but still not decided on fish fancied Mccosker Wrasse but have been informed the tank is to small, No more clown fish for me had to many headaches with these

Flasher wrasse are on option SWM still have a pair of Helfrichi which are very tempting apart from price.

Tempted by a frogfish speices tank but would need to research a lot do have time to do reasearch.

Buddy recommended Ghost Cardinals but i could not find much info on these.

Can anyone think of anything diffrent to go in here ?

Inverts I will be using the following

1 x Fighting Conch
1 x turbo
1 x trocheous
4 - 5 x Nass

Peppermint shrimps if I get Aptisa

Not decided on Hermits yet is there an alternate if not 2 x Halloweens I guess

3 x Pom Pom Crabs would be nice
3-4 x sexyshrimps also possible

80L Main with 60L sump

The main focus in here will be the corals though a few LPS Rics Zoas

No cleaner shrimp as this tank will be used to nurse my sun coral to full health without having its food nicked :)

how about chalk basslets, Serranus tortugarum...or a fireball or cherub pygmy angel
the frogfish would unfortunately happily remove any shrimp,crabs or smaller fish you add

how about chalk basslets, Serranus tortugarum...or a fireball or cherub pygmy angel
the frogfish would unfortunately happily remove any shrimp,crabs or smaller fish you add

Just had a quick read up on frogfish :p seems like a non starter ;)

Have a Cherub Pygmy in my TL550 nice fish
Not to sure on the chalk bass would have to look at one in the flesh.

Having a look at Liveaquaria

Scarlet Hawkfish they say 30 gallons but i am guessing US Gallons? would one of these be ok or even a pair if I can source them? I think they Sexy shrimps would not go in if i went for these.

BiColour Blenny my flymo is great so quite happily have one of these if it would fit.

(Not thinking of adding all ofc just options)

Oh how i would love a pair of lavender firefish, but at £200 pair it's a bit steep, still Christmas is on the way Morri, maybe an early present :good:

Would also love a pair of hawks, been looking for a small juvie for ages for my big boy

seffie x

Oh how i would love a pair of lavender firefish, but at £200 pair it's a bit steep, still Christmas is on the way Morri, maybe an early present :good:

Would also love a pair of hawks, been looking for a small juvie for ages for my big boy

seffie x

So if by some good luck I can get a pair of hawkfish they would be ok this tank? and would they try and eat all my inverts?

Am thinking an alternate option hawkfish & pistol/goby pair (Dracula and small red and yellow pistol)

and something small mid swimming is poss but not sure

Draculas are rare as rocking horse sh** lost my one in the move :sad: have you seen one somewhere?

Seffie x

Draculas are rare as rocking horse sh** lost my one in the move :sad: have you seen one somewhere?

Seffie x

Yip SWM had one a few weeks ago I have time on my side have at least 6 weeks before tank will be ready for fish.

All LEDs wired up regreting buying the none star LED`s wiring is not as tidy as normal as they are a pain to solder but all work.

I can always change them later if needed just need my last buckpucks and will try and get the last 2 bits completed.

Very impressed with the brightness of these LEDS :hyper:

Quick photos ignore the poor wiring job have a few more bits to do.

Attachments

• P1010332.JPG
    P1010332.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 97
  • P1010333.JPG
    P1010333.JPG
    99.7 KB · Views: 75
Lights 95% complete was let down by a supplier on psu for fans :(

But here they are.

Attachments

• Whites.JPG
    Whites.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 95
  • Blues.JPG
    Blues.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Blue_Whites.JPG
    Blue_Whites.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 84
Thanks Ski I am pleased with the results I was nt sure about the blues as I went for 66% whites 33% Blues but it looks blue enough to me :)

Starting to think of what I can use to test the lights as I do not have acces to a PAR meter :(

I was thinking of trying a frag of Seriatopora hystrix to start with.

Most reactions

Back