18" Cube Journal

Added my first fish in this afternoon Tailspot blenny very nice looking fish will put some piccies up later also added sme pink hysterix and green acro + 1 more cant rember name.

Also added a true peppermint in to keep the atipsta from spreading hopefully ;)

A few shots none of the peppermint as they are both in hiding ;)

DSC01962.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

DSC01970.jpg

DSC01986.jpg

Very nice mate! Is that a sun coral down the front?

Thanks KJ I am very pleased with it looks a little to clean at the moment. Am thinking of adding a few more blues to bring out the colour a little more.

I think the sun coral looks out of place in your tank. I will take it off your hands F.O.C. :hey:

Heh moved it from main tank due to cleaner shrimp stealing its food :)

unfourtantly my Duncan has given up the ghost was a single headed one I had been nursing a while so will be on the look out for another LPS for the cube but also on the look out for green bubble coral for my main tank.

The orange lip is luvin the main tank at the moment very active just need to keep an eye on the halloween hermit ;)

Ooh you got a little conch in there too? I didn't notice initially from the pictures.

The only thing I would recommend doing is repositioning the corals at the bottom slighty, mainly the large green/orange one and perhaps on of the ones of the left. The conch won't climb up the rocks and if its path is blocked, it won't get to all of your sand bed to clean it.

I had so much muck and crap collected between the rocks and my tank that the hermits or snails weren't cleaning up. As soon as I repositioned the rocks about 1.5-2" from the acrylic, the conch went straight over to it and demolished the lot. Do it at the back of the tank too, ensuring that there is sufficient clearance for its shell. You'll soon see why I called mine "Dyson" lol.

Ah no the conch is currently in my other tank wont add him to this one until its a bit more mature ;)

Thanks Seffie I am the SPS frags are nt the best but they were cheap to see how they get on under the LEDs :)

Spotted a little algae this AM so picked up a couple of bumblebee snails and some banded trocheus

Will order some rowaphos not sure which chamber to put this I am guessing the skimmer chamber will add some charcoal as well for a little polish ;)

Not much happened recently with this one a few water changes test,test and test as per norm a little too much algae for my taste but i just think that is due to the tank settling in.

I have invested in some Cleartides refillable reactors and a cheap 600Lph Pump so will run carbon and Rowaphos in these.

Not sure if its a good or a bad thing but my Chaeto is not growing as fast as expected but this might just be down to low phos and nitrate.

I have ordered the last of my test kits for this one phosphate so will be testing that from now on.

And I have ordered 2 new fishies to add to the tank hopefully will pick them up tommorrow on my now fortnightly shopping trip, as weekly was getting v expensive :hey: not to say I dont spend twice as much each visit :rofl: but less fuel anyhow.

Must convience an LFS to employ me ad-hoc will be cheaper, the thoughts of working and being paid in corals have an appeal.

Most reactions

Back