18" Cube Journal

Was nervous enough just fitting the weir if I dont get a good price on sump I will look at making myself :blush:

should be easy enough to make have you contacted keith at windsor aquatics or ndaquatics about building a sump?? i would say keith would even be happy enough to advise you on the best way to go about it

Have requested a price from an LFS as it saves on fuel and wharf did a great price on my tank so asked them also a bit of a drive but can pop into a few LFS`s whilst there ;)

Have requested a price from an LFS as it saves on fuel and wharf did a great price on my tank so asked them also a bit of a drive but can pop into a few LFS`s whilst there ;)

you should work it out coz it might be cheaper to just get the sump tank then get the ballfes and stick them in yourself if you know where you want them. personally i havent a clue about sumps but if your wanting any help with your plans jus drop me a pm and ill get a mate of mine to look over them

Postie delivered most of the electronics needed for the LEDs so have done my test bench was very easy took photos al the way through so here they are

Step 1. all bits laid out

Step 2. Pot soldered onto Buckpuck

Step 3. Heat shrink over solder joints

step 4. Female power connector connected to Buckpuck

Step 5. LEDs connected to Buckpuck

Step 6. LEDs mounted to heatsinks

Step 7. Power supply connected up

Step 8. test be very careful these are very very bright these pictures cannot show how bright they are

Attachments

• DSC00392.JPG
    DSC00392.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00398.JPG
    DSC00398.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00400.JPG
    DSC00400.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00402.JPG
    DSC00402.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00404.JPG
    DSC00404.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC00407.JPG
    DSC00407.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00410.JPG
    DSC00410.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00411.JPG
    DSC00411.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 112
After a lot of help from my father in law here is the completed hood still waiting for my LEDs white to be shipped

Attachments

• DSC00992.jpg
    DSC00992.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC00990.jpg
    DSC00990.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 75
Looks great Morris. Curious to know what you're using the pot for if you have buckpucks?

Looking really good m8t :good:
Watching the led build with interest, ps where did you order the parts from?

The ordering parts is the worst part of the project White LEDs are from dealextreme in HK about £10 for 3 (bad lead times :( ) Buck Pucks are from ultraleds.co.uk and Bles LEDs are from dotlight.DE these are working out over twice the price of whites.

I am going with 12 whites and 6 blues to start out with and see if I can get the rigt colour with this setup if not I will add another 6 blues.

OMG - thought you said it was easy.......................

Will be watching with interest :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

ps looks real neat

Most reactions

Back