1000 Us Gal Project

really cool can you get a fts or is the tank to big

dont buy the small zebra/tigrinus shovelnose cats chances of them living are 50/50

buy one bigger than 12inch and they are 100 x more strong

What's the max size on the Zebra Shovelnose ? is it similar to the tiger or totally differeny? Tropical Imports has one in which is of a decent size .

What types the asian arowana? Banjar Red ?

The picture of your Aro and Pulcher is immense, love the yellow colours. Love that Ray blending in with the background in the second pic too. The Lince Cat looks emaculate too m8, you just bought that or had it a while?

dont buy the small zebra/tigrinus shovelnose cats chances of them living are 50/50

buy one bigger than 12inch and they are 100 x more strong

What's the max size on the Zebra Shovelnose ? is it similar to the tiger or totally differeny? Tropical Imports has one in which is of a decent size .

What types the asian arowana? Banjar Red ?

the aro is a chili red you will never get color like that from a banjar red

zebra shovelnose max size is 24inch they grow fast up to 12inch then slow right down mine i have had for 2 years it was 12inch when i got it and its now about 20inch

The picture of your Aro and Pulcher is immense, love the yellow colours. Love that Ray blending in with the background in the second pic too. The Lince Cat looks emaculate too m8, you just bought that or had it a while?

the lince cat cane got for me about a month ago and kept it in his shop until the new tank was ready

you thinking zebra shovelnose always4lora?? so am i! its one of the only times that the best looking of the species is actually the smallest! still a big fish at 2 foot though, once i get the dats sorted i think its the tigrinus im going to go for next! tropical imposts one is £250 with free delivery isn't it? not too bad. i got offered a 22" one yesterday but said the guy wanted about £350, could probably get it for £300 but not sure where it is!
love the p14's T1 can't wait until my pocket expands to allow for a pair of my own!

you thinking zebra shovelnose always4lora?? so am i! its one of the only times that the best looking of the species is actually the smallest! still a big fish at 2 foot though, once i get the dats sorted i think its the tigrinus im going to go for next! tropical imposts one is £250 with free delivery isn't it? not too bad. i got offered a 22" one yesterday but said the guy wanted about £350, could probably get it for £300 but not sure where it is!
love the p14's T1 can't wait until my pocket expands to allow for a pair of my own!
It's something i would really like at some point , i'd like to see one in flesh before paying that kind of money for one though :)

tigrinus is my fav cat by far

they take a long time to settle in and they are rubbish hunters it makes you wonder how they even eat in the wild

they always swim head up at the side tank glass

when mine was in the old tank it used to always swim at the back corner head up so i was more than happy when he made his new home in the new tank right at the front

Do you have your's in with your new tank with the others? If it's bad at hunting down food have you had problems getting food to it?

Still enjoying this thread.

T1, for us 'newbs', could you comment on:
  • your feeding schedule and what you feed
  • any comments on nutritional value of goldfish
  • how do you keep the fish from nailing food before it gets to the rays?

SH

Do you have your's in with your new tank with the others? If it's bad at hunting down food have you had problems getting food to it?

the tig has not had any food yet but is only been 1 week on Sunday i think it will be 2-4 weeks before he eats and like i said they are rubbish hunters so i think they would be lucky to eat once per week in the wild

Still enjoying this thread.

T1, for us 'newbs', could you comment on:
  • your feeding schedule and what you feed
  • any comments on nutritional value of goldfish
  • how do you keep the fish from nailing food before it gets to the rays?

SH

the goldfish were just their to cycle the tank a bit before all the fish went in i never normally ever use feeders just river/ghost shrimp every now and then

as for food everyday i sort of feed the tank in sections

the aros main food is giant meal worms but he will snap at the odd prawn
the big dat pulcher will eat anything
the tig will eat pellets and prawn he also likes the odd meal worm the aro misses
for the rays they also eat anything prawn pellets meal worms

i throw in 2-3 big handfuls of pellets per day then a handful of prawns
then throw i 2-4 meal worms at a time as i don't like the aro taking food from the tank base

the pellets i use are all hikari as i find ALL fish love them they are a bit expensive but you get what you pay for with pellets

i buy all my hikari pellets from the US as you cant buy the big 1kg bags in the UK

I then mix 1kg bag of hikari sinking carnivore with 1/2kg of hikari massivore and a few handfuls of earthworm pellets

i go throw a lot of pellets i normally order 7kg of pellets from the US which cost about us$320 including p+p and that normally lasts about 3-4 months

just got a female marble motoro

pic tomorow when and if i know she is ok

she has just started to come out

Attachments

• IMG_0213.JPG
    IMG_0213.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 109

Most reactions

Back