1000 Us Gal Project

i love those rays! are there any 'mini' rays for smaller aquariums?

scobina are the smallest rays i have a full grown adult male that is just a bit bigger than a fag packet the female is bigger

so yes a male scobina would be ok in a smallish tank and a female in a 6x2x2

i may have some scobina pups soon :good:

i took this pic of the control centre of the tank today :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 108
i claim the first scobina pup! and the second if its the opposite sex! haha
im saving up for when the p14's have pups too!!!
looking good T1, looks complicated, would the uv's work as efficiently being all in 1 row? as opposed to there being 4 pumps with one uv on each.

i claim the first scobina pup! and the second if its the opposite sex! haha
im saving up for when the p14's have pups too!!!
looking good T1, looks complicated, would the uv's work as efficiently being all in 1 row? as opposed to there being 4 pumps with one uv on each.

a 25w UV only lets you pump 1400 lph so a 5000 lph would pump water throw the UV to fast making it useless

4 x 25w UVs back to back will let you pump 5600 lph

with a UV its all about flow rate

How is the NGT settling in ?

Now i have seen this tank in person i can confirm it is a jaw Dropping sight.

Absolutely amazing tank :)

And T1's tiger fish is huge really very big fish.

How is the NGT settling in ?

Now i have seen this tank in person i can confirm it is a jaw Dropping sight.

Absolutely amazing tank :)

And T1's tiger fish is huge really very big fish.

thanks for the coments

nothing messes with that big tiger its the daddy of the tank

I would be interested in those Scobina pups, just a male though for the 6x2x2 for now. Keep me in mind please m8 once they come.

the problem is the male p14 hates any other male ray in the tank even a tank this size he has attacked the scobina male a lot but it seams to have carmed down a bit now

the male p14 also loves the ladys and i think he may have even bred with the female scobina so you never know dwarf p14/scobina pups maybe on the cards

the problem is the male p14 hates any other male ray in the tank even a tank this size he has attacked the scobina male a lot but it seams to have carmed down a bit now

the male p14 also loves the ladys and i think he may have even bred with the female scobina so you never know dwarf p14/scobina pups maybe on the cards

Haha, sounds like a few of my friends :lol:

that would be interesting, what would you get, a big scobina or a small p14? ha maybe you would get a small black ray with scobina markings?? very interesting

well as its a male p14 and female scobina the male genes should be stronger so they should be black

but who knows

ah right so is that how it would always work, males genes stronger than the females? so if my marble male bred with my normal female motoro the pups should be marbled? well have the patterning to some extent!
was a bit worried this bigger male would batter the female but they don't seem to bother, as far as i can see they don't even acknowledge each other! unless they go out on dates whilst the light is out!
oh i found a dat campbelli, and its £120, its 7" but its in manchester, they said they would post it out for live arrival guarantee for free (after i told them it was too much!) is a 7" campbelli worth £120??

have no clue if its worth it dave but just googled them and thats a beautiful dat

i just got a cambelli of mad man the other day its about 8inch and seams to be doing well he had done all the hard work for me as it eats pellets from day one

cambelli love blood worm and its sometimes hard to get them off it

as for the male marble giving the smaller female stick males only stress out females when they are in heat and ready to breed until then they show no intrest

its the same with males if you put a mature male with big claspers in with a small male with non mature claspers it will show no intrest as soon as the smaller male starts to get the claspers the fights will start

1 of my female p14 is very fat and hungry all the time always trying to jump on the tinfoils i think she will have the pups within the next 2 weeks if the move hasnt stressed her to much

i will get a pic of her in the morning

Most reactions

Back