1000 Us Gal Project

Saw a motoro ray on ebay earlier for £180 - is that really how much they go for?? :blink:

That's awesome u have a turtle in the tank too, very nice selection :good:

ah thats what i really want! Got offered a 12" fly river turtle at the end of last year, gutted i never had the cash to get it! You know of any more for sale T1? Am gutted as i got offered it at £180, but probably could have got it for less. Really want one!
Are they strictly vegitarian?

well the FRT is a gamble with rays as i have been told the may nip at the rays tail

it took a long time to find the right one

i think its best to find a female which this is

this one was kept with discus and corys with no problems for years

they do eat mainly veg but may start eating some meat in later life

this was also the smallest i could find at 7inch shell

the good thing is they are fully aquatic and never need to come out of the water

you should have snapped it up for £180 normal price is £350-500

i paid £300 for this one

How that guy ever even got into the 4x2x2 lol!

I love the turtle! never even crossed my mind mixing turtles and fish as i thought that was the main diet for them! Might take a look into them as i vcan imagine they have quite a bit of personallity and will live for many many years

I love the turtle! never even crossed my mind mixing turtles and fish as i thought that was the main diet for them! Might take a look into them as i vcan imagine they have quite a bit of personallity and will live for many many years

dont look at any old turtle it has to be a fly river or a soft sell as they are the only types that i know that dont need to bask

i dont know to much about soft shell turtles but i have kept fly river turtles in the past with aros and tiger fish so i knew that would work

fly rivers are now on the CITIES list so you wont be able to get small ones anymore

the smallest for sale in the UK would be 10-12inch shell thats why i was lucky to find such a small one

fly river turtles will work with most fish and are a very cool adition to any tank but they do produce a lot of waste so you will need to do big and lots of water changes

dont look at any old turtle it has to be a fly river or a soft sell as they are the only types that i know that dont need to bask

i dont know to much about soft shell turtles but i have kept fly river turtles in the past with aros and tiger fish so i knew that would work

fly rivers are now on the CITIES list so you wont be able to get small ones anymore

the smallest for sale in the UK would be 10-12inch shell thats why i was lucky to find such a small one

fly river turtles will work with most fish and are a very cool adition to any tank but they do produce a lot of waste so you will need to do big and lots of water changes
Yeh i realised they're pretty rare when i looked on AC! they always have slider turtles at our LFS but i know they eat fish as they had it in a big pond with koi and it ate them when it got bigger!

That turtel....NICE addition. Wow. I think you should hire yourself out as a professional tank stocker. LOL. WTG. Great tank. SH

I love that Turtle m8. They have a 2 of them in with a massive Aro an some giant Tetras I cant remember the name of, with Clown loaches an Torpedos in Chester Zoo, I spent ages sittin there, its an amazing tank, much like this. Great addition.

I had a fly river turtle years ago when i took a 2 year brake from rays

i was told they maybe problems with rays in a small tank space so didn't want to take the risk but i thought this tank must be big enough to give it a go and so far so good

hears a pic of the fly river i had about 8 years ago as you can see i have been into aros and tiger fish for a very long time

Attachments

• Picture 229 (2).jpg
    Picture 229 (2).jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 110
Just, WOW!!!
thanks for sharing and keeping us all so updated!
very impressive stuff!!! :good:
cheers

Most reactions

Back