1000 Us Gal Project

i imported 4 from Singapore and 1 from Holland the rest i brought of people in the UK

the ones imported from Singapore was £1k for 4 and one was dead on arrival

the rest i sold as they were not perfect in my eyes only 3 out of the 15 were perfect and i kept them 3 until the end but they used to fight to much

no point in owning a pulcher just because it a pulcher they have to be perfect for me with full symmetrical bars and full neck band

most of the ones you see in the UK i have owned at some point or another

i'd love a perfect one but its difficult to find any at all let alone a perfect, so can you not import them from places like singapore now then? there must be some way of getting around it?
there was still zebra plecs coming from the zingu whilst they have been banned, so there must be ways round it. has no one ever tried to farm breed them, similar to how they do asian arowanas?

you can still import from Singapore but i also post on the main Singapore forum which is arofanatics and every time i post pics of mine i always get about 10 PMs asking me to sell :lol:

the main problem is large tigers don't travel that well when i imported 4 they were only 12inch 2 were near death and one was dead

the smallest pulcher you will find world wide will be 14inch and at that size they wont last transit longer than 4 hours the main problem being a 14inch tiger is about 8inch tall so needs lots of water to keep the body covered more water means very high shipping cost

ah, i get you, its shame! well really its good for the fish as everyone who can get one is very likely to look after it because of its value. well i can still hope i will stumble across a nice one one day!

to tell the truth i can only think of 2 good ST that are worth owning in the UK but im fussy :lol:

well with that in mind i won't try and get one of those two as im taking one is yours, which will probably be with you until the day it goes stiff and the other will be in a similar situation.
i wouldn't buy one with funny shaped bars, it would have to look good.
i doubt i will even find any for sale anyway! so there fore i will always be 1 short of a full deck!
ha ha

i know ALL of the ST in the UK you get the odd person trying to sell a indo as a wide bar every now and then

the ones that do come up for sale evey now and then have problems like blind in 1 eye swimming funny or are very aggressive

[sup]Awesome tank, looks like a lot of effort went in to it. Goodluck![/sup]​

well with that in mind i won't try and get one of those two as im taking one is yours, which will probably be with you until the day it goes stiff and the other will be in a similar situation.
i wouldn't buy one with funny shaped bars, it would have to look good.
i doubt i will even find any for sale anyway! so there fore i will always be 1 short of a full deck!
ha ha

this one maybe worth a look i dont know the fish and it looks to have indo tail stripes and i would need to see pics of both sides to confirm if its ST or IT

not sure on the price but i was told £400

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/detail51_166694.php

Just got around to watching the vid of your old tank, do you still have the Zebra shovelnose? Looks really good quality!

you think it is a pulcher T1?
There is something about it that isnt quite right, and i cant put my finger on it! It may be the bars on the tail, they normall just have the one bar on the tail and the bar that goes from the base of the dorsal to the base of the tail dont they, but that one has 2 clear bars on the tail, like a microlepis. Your more qualified to tell than me but to me it doesnt look right! It could either be a bargain or an expensive mistake!

Just got around to watching the vid of your old tank, do you still have the Zebra shovelnose? Looks really good quality!

i still have a tigrinus but not the one in the video they one in the video was real nice but it had a bent nose

P1010198.jpg

you think it is a pulcher T1?
There is something about it that isnt quite right, and i cant put my finger on it! It may be the bars on the tail, they normall just have the one bar on the tail and the bar that goes from the base of the dorsal to the base of the tail dont they, but that one has 2 clear bars on the tail, like a microlepis. Your more qualified to tell than me but to me it doesnt look right! It could either be a bargain or an expensive mistake!

not sure about this tiger it does have IT tail stripes in the picture but you cant always go on tail stripes alone you would need to contact the guy and ask for pictures of the other side

the body shape and shape of the other stripes says pulcher seeing both sides would help

i have asked him for a picture of both sides of the fish, im assuming its sold now though as its not on the classifieds any more!
will see what he says.
i like that tig, i hope to get one once everything else is sorted!

T1..again..pardon my 'newb' questions....do you have any difficulty with the fish becoming agitated or trying to leave the tank, i.e., injury? SH

leaving the tank i take it you mean jumping out

the only jumpers are the tinfoil barbs and the aro

my aro is fairly carm and doesnt jump the much

some aro keepers like to keep the water levels low so they can see the aro jumping at food i find if the water level is high they dont seam to jump as much

that said i have had meal worms left of the cover glass in the past and the aro will jump at the glass to try to get at the worm

Most reactions

Back