Your House Pics

It is lovely here, ok we have to travel over 7 miles just to get to the nearest shop (no there isnt one in the village) but the views, peace and tranquility are worth it. My dogs absolutely love it here.

:lol: I'm sure they do.... so many trees in the lane.....

rabbits and pheasants to chase, not sure what my german shepherd would do if she ever managed to actually catch one lol, she would probably panic.

I used to have a whippet years back, lovely dogs but I prefer meatier hairier dogs lol, I have a german shepherd and a newfoundland. My cats (3off) bring back rabbits which I hate but I would freak if my dogs actually caught and killed an animal. Thankfully my newfie thinks running is beneath her and the G shep is thick.

"Thanks dnn.... this is quite an unique style.... Are wooden houses the norm in Illinois? (and you were long overdue to post) "

I don't think you got the reply you were looking for on this one. Most houses in the U.S. are wood framed, as opposed to the brick/cinder block norm in the UK. Houses here are built to be cheap not to last. And in the Northeast most of them dont. Most homes outside of the major cities are less than 30 years old.

In fact I was just home in Philidelphia this summer and wandering around center city I ended up on the oldest continually residential street in the US. These homes are from the 1700's. Quite a few were for sale too. It was actually a fun day of wandering around alone. I was tailing an group of Italian tourists getting, I was quite amused by how most of them seemed way more interested in the big strange cars parked on the street than anything the tour guide was saying. I guess most businessmen in Italy dont drive to work in Hummers and Escalades.

Here is the oldest residential street in the U.S. and some italian kid taking pics with me. I didnt bring my camera, just phone pics.
061.jpg

060.jpg

057.jpg

Heres an example of typical housing stock in older midwest and northeast cities. This particular one is from a real estate website. I live in Buffalo where the economy is sadly way behind the rest of the country. A house like this in the city of Buffalo, a city of 300,000. A house like this, around 2400sq ft would cost around $30,000 US. Which is about the cost of a typical 4 door car. A new Mercades here will cost you about $50 thousand US. Its not all like Los Angeles mates.

300288_101_12.jpg

Any questions?!?!

No questions, but a comment... It seems like a very compact residential unit and not very conducive to keeping children..... (or Claustrophobics).... You call Martha whose in the next room, and all Marthas' down to the end of the road will reply.... It's like you'd expect a sign "please keep quiet"..... Personally, I will not be comfortable living in one of those, but, it is interresting nevertheless.

maybe i misunderstood the question.i thought he was asking about the siding but yes my house is wood framed which was probably the common style in the early 1900's.and your totally right about houses over here being built cheap and fast.

hi ludwig,we live in a old pit village,our house is just more or less on the beach banks,i havent took any photos,of the front of the house,but i was looking out the window last week,when it was snowing and took this one. our house was built in the late 1800s,you cant see for the murkey weather but thats the sea just over the top of the land,its really nice in the sumer,but really cold in the winter,,,its nice seeing other fellow fish keepers,homes,,,kennysnowing_3.jpg

Ouch... It's well over 38 deg here tonight.... got all aircons and fans running, & suddenly I'm very cold just looking at that.... Your dogs are not into catching Polar bears are they??

wow 38 deg,we went to turkey in september it hit the 40s there,we loved it the wife didnt want to come home.the weather we have here now its to cold i wish i was in the sun,enjoy the weather brass monkeys here,brrrrrrrrrr freezing

Well i can't take pictures of the outside at the moment as it's all covered in scaffolding due to them replacing the harling but here's some pic's of the inside i took last night :D

All nice and Christmassy :D
DSC01325.jpg

View From Comp seat when lights are off
DSC01326.jpg

Lights on
DSC01327.jpg

View From Couch
DSC01328.jpg

And The Couch lol
DSC01329.jpg

My Tiny Kitchen lol
DSC01323.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

Enjoy :D

Thanks for those Kizz... strange how all over, there is a major difference in all rooms, but the kitchens are more or less uniform throughout the world....

I was about to suggest that evereyone post pics of their Christmas decorations..... Anyone??

Fergal still owes us a pic of her abode and common everybody, I wanna see where you live.... Take me/us to your village/town/city.... Is there an Australian on board...... I think they are very close to the S.A. style and climate..... Show us your pics............................................................................

I live in Australia, down the bottom on the coast of Victoria, close to the Great Ocean Road with all the amazing rock formations, like the 'London Bridge' and '12 Apostles', but also not that far from an aluminium smelter and the port where we send live sheep exports to the Middle East.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 46
  • house1.jpg
    house1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 58
The windmill in the background actually runs a bore water pump, which supplies water for the horses & garden. The house runs off rainwater tanks. The front of the house faces the oceans and the cow paddock (only have two hairy horned lawn mowers, they don't give milk or anything :( )

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 52

Most reactions

Back