Yf Can Taste The Salt..

I have 2 hermits.

YF

in which case you won't need to feed much at all if anything as there'll be some algae i imagine to munch on, and any dead organisms that you get from the small amount of die off from the rock.

Ah, ok thanks for that Anguilla.
The FTS you put up earlier was amazing, I want zoas set out just like that.
How quickly do yours grow? I only have small ones on a little circle thing that seffie put them on.
Will they grow where I put them and just attack to the rocks and stuff around them?

YF

cheers yf

yeah zoas are cool. just fix your little discs to the rockwork somewhere with superglue or reef putty and they can spread pretty quickly. I stuck a 2 head zoa frag to some rock around 2.5 months ago and its now around 30 polyps, so with luck yours will do the same.

Ok small update for you, with a few questions.

I have noticed tons more nass snails out and about I currently have 5 on the front and sides. :good:

I have brown algea coming up quite quickly on the front and sides, is this a good sign? And is it what the nass are munching on, or should I scrap it off?

Diatoms probably - yes the snails will eat some of it but i would scrape it off the glass

Also, I have noticed a large peice of what looks to be thin string, any ideas on what this could be? Can you get a photo? Some worms send out those sort of things to catch pray

And could I just take out, its coming out of a deep crack in a rock, and comes out a fair bit. Leave it for now as you are not sure what it is

Also, some sort of cobwebs are on bits of my rock, is this good? Again, could be the same worm - I have one in my tank, sends out a cobweb to catch pray. or is it soft to the touch, if so a sponge

And one of them little sea star things only has three legs, not a clue how its happend, but he seems to be fine, hes always out. :lol: read up about asterinas in the book I sent you :p

YF

Questions answered, I hope :good:

Seffie x

Thanks for that seffie.
The cobwebs and string seem to be gone today.
I noticed a few sponges, do these grow?
Tbh, I dont like sponges, mushrooms etc. because they dont move about and stuff they just stay the same 24/7.
:p

YF

Thanks for that seffie.
The cobwebs and string seem to be gone today.
I noticed a few sponges, do these grow?
Tbh, I dont like sponges, mushrooms etc. because they dont move about and stuff they just stay the same 24/7.
:p

YF

Sponges are a sign of a healthy tank :good:

Seffie x

:fish:

They was there when I got the tank lol.
I think tbh the tank must be healthy, because all the snails etc. have survived, thats a good sign isint it?

YF

Im going to test around 3pm.
Im guessing ammonia and nitrite will be 0.
I will test for nitrate today.
:good:

Hopefully I can get two juvi clowns next friday?

YF

Bagu, did anyone ask you?
Just carry on practising your jokes millan!
Haha, only joking mate.
I think im going to do readings tommorow, hopefully everything will be ok.

YF

Bagu, did anyone ask you?
Just carry on practising your jokes millan!
Haha, only joking mate.
I think im going to do readings tommorow, hopefully everything will be ok.

YF

:-(

im gonna cross the road to the freshwater side then :lol:
haha im practicing ;) hard to get material these days!

B :p

My sisters boyfriend just rang me, there both in tennerife (or how ever you spell it)
He says, "Michael I got you some rock from the sea for your tank mate".
And I have found out he is actually being serious.
I have told him to stick the rock back in the water, as he is there for another week or so, then flying back etc.
So it will be completly dead, and im not sure if its legal to do that because ovbiously there will be living things on the rock.
I said you might need papers to import it in etc etc.
Hopefully he will put it back and not bring it back with him, is it legal to bring it back or not?

YF

Most reactions

Back