Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Ok, just done another reading.

Ammonia: between 0 and 0.1 - Its definatly better than what the reading was the other day.
Nitrite: 0 :D

Also, I think I have a dead snail stuck to the glass, its not moved for a while, and its body looks like a bit is stuck and the shell is further down, but im going to keep an eye on it, as it could just be ermm...resting?

YF

- Seffie, do you think my cycle will be finished by next friday?

Truck - I mean next friday, not this friday coming up.
I carnt do nitrate readings yet, need my dad to sort it as the bottle tips loads out not drops.

YF

I actually think it is highly likely as every thing in the tank is well cycled, think the ammonia you are seeing is just a small amount of die off - but we do need to see the nitrate reading :good: you will probably have to buy a new test :crazy: or take your water to the lfs to test

Seffie x

:fish:

I will see what my dad can do with the test later on when he gets home.
See if he knows a solution.

YF

Oh my goodness I go out for the day yesterday and I miss loads :crazy:

Now firstly I want to clear up the issue of why I have a Red torch :blush: I am a train driver so its part of my equipment, honest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YF sorry to put cat amongst pigeons, but have you thought of a blue assessor, they are gorgeous and very entertaining, although quite rare and expensive, (around £50 ish) :drool:

for your nitrate test..pour some test solution into a glass and use an old syringe to add it drip at a time to your test vial.

Try to use a smaller syringe though something lie a 2ml or 5 ml tops. Once you get bigger than that the ends become bigger too resulting in bigger drops.

As long as you use the same amount of drops as instructed and use the syringe to administer all drops in the test kit, it should not matter, they will be in the same ratio.

A better solution would be a 1ml transfer pipette if you have one, these ends are very similar to bottle dropper sizes.

I dont have a 1mil transer thing.
What I will do, is use a syringe that comes with the test kit (hagen test kit)
and try it that way.
Hopefully it will work!

Oh, and the snail is alive!
I saw it moving earlier.

YF

So, from my list what do you think I should get first?
Im guessing two juvi clowns?

YF

So, from my list what do you think I should get first?
Im guessing two juvi clowns?

YF

might just be me but id put em in last incase they want to claim territories or something. Not 100% sure though :lol:

Ok small update for you, with a few questions.

I have noticed tons more nass snails out and about I currently have 5 on the front and sides.
I have brown algea coming up quite quickly on the front and sides, is this a good sign? And is it what the nass are munching on, or should I scrap it off?
Also, I have noticed a large peice of what looks to be thin string, any ideas on what this could be?
And could I just take out, its coming out of a deep crack in a rock, and comes out a fair bit.
Also, some sort of cobwebs are on bits of my rock, is this good?
And one of them little sea star things only has three legs, not a clue how its happend, but he seems to be fine, hes always out.

YF

Nah, as long as they are two juvies they can go in first (that way your girlfriend thinks she is being listened to as well - a win, win situation :p )

Seffie x

:fish:

ps don't be tempted to get adults - get them small and watch them develop

Most reactions

Back