Yf Can Taste The Salt..

Some Cerith snails and I have finally bitten the bullet and taken Big C's advice re Briopsis algae. I have ordered a sea hare, one of the few things that will eat it.

I am getting fed up of pulling it out by hand, and the worst thing about doing that is that I "KEEP CHIPPING MY NAIL VARNISH" not good for someone as vain as I.

I go to casualty with a broken nail (joke by the way)

Cheers for the link gary.
Aww issy, want me to come round and do it for you?
:lol:

YF

Very nice offer there YF, but you would need to pass your driving test asap.

I live on the Lancashire moors with no bus service whatsoever. We are 7 miles from a main road.

Just a quick question,
I notice all these snails and crabs for marine.
Do they breed like tropical snails?
And has anyone ever had hermit crabs breed?

YF

Just a quick question,
I notice all these snails and crabs for marine.
Do they breed like tropical snails?
And has anyone ever had hermit crabs breed?

YF

some snails do (dove snails) breed readily in the aquarium.
hermits have done (GliderGirl had some release babies) but the young are sooo small that they tend to get eaten by the other inhabitants of teh tank, muchlike cleaner shrimp babies.

If they did breed, couldnt you just put the babys in a breeder net/tank at the top?
It would be pritty cool to breed some. Im only getting peppermint shrimp and scarlet shrimp.

YF

To be fair, I think im jumping the gun abit.
I should learn about marine keeping etc.
Before marine breeding.
:p

YF

Cheers ben, would be good experiance to try though wouldnt it?
Or are you thinking "you wait till you get a marine tank..you wont know whats hit you" LOL.

YF

Just a quick question thats bugging me,
(well there is another..but i carnt ####ing remember it grrr)
I am getting 10kg LR with my tank, but have been advised to get another 10kg.
it says on the aquariam calculater that I should have 14kg.
Does it matter if I have more than that says?

YF

if you have too much then it can be a bad thing, you can block the flow and have dead spots where crap will settle and polloute the water! not good!

Do you think 20kg will be ok?
Or...

YF

cough, cough, buy another 10 k :good: just hang fire though until I properly measure what is in the tank (don't worry, if there isn't ten in there I will pull some out of my tank), there might be more in there :good:

You can have too much live rock - so that there isn't enough flow around the rock but I had 20 k in there no problem

If you see a deal for 6 or 8 lbs get that, as some corals will come on rock :nod: - mind you your dad is going to need some as well

Seffie x

Most reactions

Back