Yf Can Taste The Salt..

they look gorgeous!
I know that was on about the fish but it got me slightly horny :shifty:
Maybe, after a few months, shift the gobys and get a mandarin & a purple firefish [i forget name]
Aquatics world uk in coventry has some great corals etc... live rock is £8.50 per kg.

I dont know how far these are from you? http://www.covaquatics.co.uk/ not too far I dont think?

Drop them an email or call them, they seem really nice & will order in what they can for you, hopefully they will be able to get you a nice little peach citrine goby, they are really pretty :good:

I think a trip is in order to coventry soon!
Well, in a few months.
Ok. Now you have saw my list.
Whats best to add first, crabs or shrimp?

YF

Personally I would say snails, you can add crabs at the same time too.

I did add a shrimp with my CUC, however this is not recommended by most. Wait a week or so after the CUC for shrimp. I had a deal with my LFS, that was the only reason I did.

sorry, I put this wrong.
I should of mentioned that my snails where going in first, then which?
So can snails go in the same time as crabs? Or would this cause a spike?

YF

If there are small numbers of both, they can go in at the same time. I added my Turbos / Astrea and Ceriths and hermits at the same time. A week or two later I added, more Turbo/ Astrea and more Hermits. A few weeks later when somewhere on the internet had them in stock (can never seem to get them at LFS) I added Nassarius vibex with a few more Cerith.

Depends on the numbers. You are often told to add small numbers of each and keep adding till you get the numbers right rather then add too many of each species at once.

It is also highly unlikely that you will find all your CUC at one LFS anyway.

Could I ask where you get ur CUC from? (The online website)
Also, How long is it till you add corals? (Im only going for softies)
Can you add them the same stage as fish, or does the tank have to mature?

YF

There was a seller on ebay that I got my original Nassarius and some ceriths from. Overnight they are no longer registered on ebay, don't know why, I emailed them saying I wanted less numbers than their listing, I paid via paypal and received the snails next day, their service was excellent.

I have also used Reefstock, reasonable prices and very good service. Have ordered with them again last night, delivery is confirmed by email for tomorrow.

Then I have also used these Aquatics world there service is very quick but they will just send them for next day delivery. Choices are a little thin on the ground, but reasonable priced and where I got my Duncan from.

I added CUC, waited a week and added 2 clowns, waited half a week and added my first coral which was a Sarcophyton or toadstool leather. Then I added zoa frags within a few days.

Ah fair enough.
Well I have Clearwater aquatics, which has a huge selection of marine livestock,
and also I am pritty close to the coventry marine warehouse.
So hopefully I will be able to pick some up.
Thanks for the info, your a big help.
:good:

YF

You should be ok with Turbo / Astreas and definately hermits. The Ceriths will depend as they can go quick sometimes after delivery day, not all LFS by me stock them.

Nassarius really are a pain to get, if your LFS gets them in they are likely to go out of the door just as quick. Most of us ended up getting them online as I say. Fishmans frags is also good for them.

Possibly a phone call to see whats in stock before you go trecking may be the best idea. Sometimes aswell, if you are paying postage on one type of snail, ie nass, it makes it more worth it if you combine the buy with something else. Thats what I tend to do. Trawl the websites for what I want then see what else they have in stock so the delivery charge is worth while.

GreenBandGoby.jpg

green banded goby
:drool:

ah no fair :angry:
saw 2 of these the other day but at £22 each i thought better of it.

Whoah!
Ben, why do this to me?
I finally decided on the Citron goby, now you do this?
pffft.
Now I have to think all over again!
Lol

YF

Hi YF, place I got mine from was here www.reefstock.co.uk

What I have got from there has been spot on & for CUC its only £6.95 delivery, cheapest delivery I can find.

Most reactions

Back