Wobbly Guppy?

how many guppy fry have you gotten in ur first drop?

• Total voters
I wouldn't worry too much about if they should be a certain size,all fry grow at the own rate,waterchanges do encourage growth rate :)
But i suppose ___ that much at 2 weeks old,you have months to go yet before they start breeding themselves :)

ok thank u. i just needed to know they r kinda small yet. i dont know how big a centimeter is. this is what i found online.
this is the average size of a male guppy without the lenght of the tail.
newborn: 6mm
one week: 7 mm
two weeks: 1 cm
one month: 1.5 cm
two months: 2 cm
three months: 2.5 cm
six months: 3- 3.3 cm
full grown: 3.5- 4 cm
but it varys on water quality

That sounds about right to me. :)

In response to your question about feeding them less - are you asking if you should feed them less often, or less food at each feeding, or...?

guppy fry update: 16 days old! as i said b4 that they were babies from 3 differet females. i am seeing some babies with light grey bellies and some with orange bellies.some have black specks like this:)::;;) all around but some dont. why r they showing colours that early? is it possible? still doing 3 feedings a day enough?

ok guppy fry update:17 days old now swordtail fry update newborn!!!! yep thats right i caught 3 swordtail fry and they r as big as my guppy fry.the swordtail that i wasnt expecting gave birth and the one i was expecting didnt.one of the swordtail fry has its tuxedo color already

Congrats on your new fry :good: ,3 feedings for your fry is fine,they sound as they're growing well :)

they are! and thank you.the swordtail fry are so hard to tell apart from the guppy fry right now because i have one 3 and like 18 guppy fry and they r mixed. i can only tell one apart because he has his color already which is wierd.why is it only him that has his color?

guppy fry update: 20 days almost 3 weeks. i took one of them and i put it in the adult guppy tank to see if it would get eaten(not smart i know) and it didnt at first but then my adult male(he eats all the frys) ate it. i did that not only to see if it would survive but cause i had to many.and it was a little wierd moving.it wiggled to much.

swordtail fry update: 3 days old. their stomachs r huge! they r so plump and round! i guess they r eating well but my guppy fry dont have bellies like that.

overall they r all fine. still around 20 in all :good:

ok ive been looking around and ppl have said that guppy fry can breed at 4 weeks to 6 weeks and another says 6 months. i need to find out cause my guppys are 3 weeks old today and i dont want them to breed next week! i need to seperate them before thier breeding age. what is the real age?

You can sex them at around 5-6 weeks,but even if they do breed the female probably wouldn't give birth to any live fry has they're not mature enough or if she did they probably wont survive.
I would say probably 6 months before they can breed.

I wouldnt worry too much at this stage,i find the easiest one to sex personally are the females has i've noticed small gravid marks start to appear at around 6 weeks old.has they grow you can separate males from females,although be careful has young males resemble females at an early age :rolleyes:

edited to add bad quality pic.
Here's a pic of my 8 wk old males,you can clearly make out these are males,the other one on its own in the corner is a 7 week old female,has you can see she has a small gravid spot.

At 3 to 4 months old, guppies that are growing well will be quite capable of being sexed and reproducing.

Most reactions

Back