What Backgrounds Do You Have?

ive got a back to nature background

Picture007.jpg

Very nice, was it expensive.. It looks it :rolleyes:

Hey, I just bought a black background. Does anybody have any tips for putting it up/cutting it to size? Do I just tape it on?

Nearly all my tanks have a plain black background, one has a blue background
and one has a Juwel black structured background.

After reading this thread, I decided to get a black background for my tank and I really like it. Looks much better than the pic of plants I had before.

Hey, I just bought a black background. Does anybody have any tips for putting it up/cutting it to size? Do I just tape it on?

I used vegetable oil, spread lightly across the whole sheet, then put it on the tank and wipe air bubbles out with a credit card wrapped in paper towel. It's not hard to do and makes it easy to take off and switch for another when you want (like I did today!). I doubt it's really necessary for black backgrounds to do this, but with the plant ones it makes them much brighter and more vivid colours. Plus it holds the whole thing nicely onto your tank without flapping around or doing anything permanent.

After reading this thread, I decided to get a black background for my tank and I really like it. Looks much better than the pic of plants I had before.

Another convert! :shifty:

I love black gravel and black bg. Makes the fishes try and get as dark as they can. :good:

Today i painted my tank background black and i'm really impressed with how it's came out.

I'd highly reccomend it to anyone, just a small can of black enamel paint will do the trick from homebase or B&Q...

Take a look

zz.jpg

(Excuse water bubbles, new tank!)

tank3.jpg

I was originally going to go for a 3d background, didn't like the price though, was shown the blue so i then thought blue was nice, then i was shown the black liked that so changed my mind to black.
I then realised i was going to put a large piece of drift wood in the tank that was black, which would have disapeared against the black background. So back to a blue background.
I spent all day yesterday cleaning the wood with hot water in the bath. Soaked it overnight in hot water, got up this morning and realised i could smell a petrol, deisel or creosote type smell so the woods been scraped so i think it's back to the black idea... You don't think i'm a little confused do you??? :blink:

My two show tanks have blue that fades to black. A few of my breeder tanks have black plastic garbage bag for a background, cheap, waterproof, and removable when needed. The rest have no background.

My two show tanks have blue that fades to black. A few of my breeder tanks have black plastic garbage bag for a background, cheap, waterproof, and removable when needed. The rest have no background.

I would love to see pics of the blue fading to black bg if you have any? That sounds like it would look great.

I also have used the black garbage bag many times. It really does the trick. :good:

Sf05, those pics look good. It's amazing how adding that black bg made it look so good.

Davey Jones, you poor guy, sounds like you went thru a lot of trouble. I was confused just reading that. :lol:

fish-r-fancy, that tank looks beautiful! Amazing what you did.

Most reactions

Back