What Backgrounds Do You Have?

I really like that. It blends really good from top to bottom.

That has given me some thought for doing something like that in the future maybe. A Hunter Green color at top to black on the bottom.

I would love to see pics of the blue fading to black bg if you have any? That sounds like it would look great.

I'd like to see that as well :good:

For my new tank that I'm in the process of setting up I will be making a background like the one dabolox has kindly showed us all how to do here:

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=166819

Thanks Dabolox

That's a top tank, your'l have to post a pic of yours when done :nod:

dsc00934654ec.jpg

The blue does look good :good:

When you use the garbage bags. do you just let them sag at the back? or do you use oil to get it to stick? If the first can you see all the creases?

Its just that my tank has no plastic rim at the top. the hood fits over the glass and used to crumple my backgroun before I siliconed it.

I just used dark metalic blue wrapping paper from ikea lol
looks quite good, if i say so myself

my tank has a plain blue background
but once it is stuck on the back its almost black

It still looks nice though, i think the dark background brings out the fishes colours

My two show tanks have blue that fades to black. A few of my breeder tanks have black plastic garbage bag for a background, cheap, waterproof, and removable when needed. The rest have no background.

I would love to see pics of the blue fading to black bg if you have any? That sounds like it would look great.

I also have used the black garbage bag many times. It really does the trick. :good:

Sf05, those pics look good. It's amazing how adding that black bg made it look so good.

Davey Jones, you poor guy, sounds like you went thru a lot of trouble. I was confused just reading that. :lol:

fish-r-fancy, that tank looks beautiful! Amazing what you did.

Oh that tank isn't mine I'm just coping the idea because it looked so good and yes I will post pictures when I'm done.

I made my own back ground with sand, piepschuim(I don't know how to say in english) and epoxyglue

I made my own back ground with sand, piepschuim(I don't know how to say in english) and epoxyglue

Do you have any pics of this? I'm very interested in seeing it. For the background that I'm making I'm going to extend on to Dabolox's ideas. One of the ideas I have in mind is sticking PVC pipe in the sand (woulden't be visuable from the front) that makes the background for the fish that I entend on putting in the tank that like to hide like BGK's and senegal bichirs, but then the ray I hope to get can have the whole tank bottom to it's self with no decorations.

1 tank x black background

1 tank x blue/black (very dark blue) background

1 tank x mainly plain, but with a curved black background (so we can see out into the conservatory through the tank).

...all mainly done in large card sheets...........I work in the printing industry and have access to lots of card!.......keep thinking maybe I should sell some on ebay.... :shifty:

I'd like to see your background as well, i've now put a blue background on, i like the look for now but sometime in the future i may atempt to make my own, to impatient to get my tank set up at the mo :lol:

1 tank x black background

1 tank x blue/black (very dark blue) background

1 tank x mainly plain, but with a curved black background (so we can see out into the conservatory through the tank).

...all mainly done in large card sheets...........I work in the printing industry and have access to lots of card!.......keep thinking maybe I should sell some on ebay.... :shifty:

How do you attach the card?

My printer is now out of green ink because I went a little crazy and printed off tons of pictures of assorted moss/glosso/etc, and made a collage (sp?) out of them. I like it, though a little cheap :p

My printer is now out of green ink because I went a little crazy and printed off tons of pictures of assorted moss/glosso/etc, and made a collage (sp?) out of them. I like it, though a little cheap :p

That's what it's all about a, whatever you like & if you can diy rather than pay out stupid money, even better :good:

Ive never used backgrounds for any of my tanks.

What about hiding all those wires? :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back