What are you doing today?

Relaxing in the back yard enjoying a perfect, peaceful autumn day. I’m listening to Handel’s opera, Rinaldo. Cecilia Bartoli just sang Lascia ch’io pianga like an angel.

So mad rn—that cool lucky-find male Limia I scored a while back just up and died today! No idea on the cause, just found it dead in the middle of the tank. I’d say water quality, but the tiny Platy fry are still alive, and surely they’re more fragile than the second-biggest fish in the tank?

So mad rn—that cool lucky-find male Limia I scored a while back just up and died today! No idea on the cause, just found it dead in the middle of the tank. I’d say water quality, but the tiny Platy fry are still alive, and surely they’re more fragile than the second-biggest fish in the tank?
That’s a drag .

getting ready to go to my hs reunion. My petsitter has her list of supplements for my senior dogs, and has visited the chickens and the bunny and all the fish today.

Feeling a bit relieved. :) not long ago I posted that the new ownership at my apartments was going to put in a $250.00 USD pet deposit and a rent increase by $30.00/month USD per animal

Looks like I have nothing to worry about on this. Nothing is actually announced or official but the current manager seems to have told another resident that the pet deposit and increase of rent per animal will only affect new animals and/or people that move in and that residents that already have animals from before the ownership change will be exempt.

I haven't talked to the new manager about this but it seems that she fought for us on this arguing with the new ownership that it wasn't fair to residents that already had pets before the changeover. If this all turns out to be true it would seem that residents that already had pets will be considered "grandfathered in".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Other than that I'm working on bring my main computer back to life. The thing died yesterday when doing a Windows Update for Windows 11. This is not the fault of Microsoft as the system does not meet the requirements for the CPU and during the upgrade to Windows 11 I did from Windows 10 a warning was put up that the upgrade very well could future issues. I'll end up re-installing Windows 10 and all will be fine but I need to reconfigure what will be the system drive first. Obviously, since I'm posting this, it isn't really a big deal. Sometimes it is nice to have a bunch of computers. ;) The biggest pain is doing all the software installs that I will lose but that will be largely a case of doing an install when I need the software, not gonna do them all at once. ;)

Other than that I'm working on bring my main computer back to life. The thing died yesterday when doing a Windows Update for Windows 11. This is not the fault of Microsoft as the system does not meet the requirements for the CPU and during the upgrade to Windows 11 I did from Windows 10 a warning was put up that the upgrade very well could future issues. I'll end up re-installing Windows 10 and all will be fine but I need to reconfigure what will be the system drive first. Obviously, since I'm posting this, it isn't really a big deal. Sometimes it is nice to have a bunch of computers. ;) The biggest pain is doing all the software installs that I will lose but that will be largely a case of doing an install when I need the software, not gonna do them all at once. ;)
I bought a windows 11 but I do not let my Win 10 upgrade. Best of both worlds. Good on the no pet deposit

Sometimes you do things right and fish just die. It's a bummer.

IMG_5173.jpeg

Have a photo of my awful hair algae before I cleaned (some of) it yesterday!

Most reactions

Back