What are you doing today?

New phone arrived and I have my directory entered. Deciding whether to enter a couple in speed dial. Had a bit of trouble at first with entering names in the directory as the instructions don't really explain how to get the letters you want since all the buttons have multiple letters. It was that you just can't pause when you hit a button, you have to keep pressing right away. Right now it is charging and it is taking forever... but it IS charging. ;) The phone has an "ECO" setting which I'll have to play with. It is supposed to make a battery charge last longer but I'll need to see if it affects voice quality and/or range.

The phone and base is taller than the old phone which MAY be a slight problem as the phone sits right under the left edge of my larger TV and comes up to right at the edge of the screen. If it ends up being distracting I'll just move it to the other side of the entertainment center but will need to do a bit of re-arranging. Actually I just re-arranged and like it more. :)

Decided to do a range test before sending this and it is excellent. On the back side of the apartments is a patio area that is like 3 units from my apartment and I'm on the third floor. Reception on the patio was fine and the thing even worked inside of the elevator. I was really surprised that it worked in the elevator.

BTW, This is a wireless land line. I don't do cells.

what brand and model was your old phone and what brand and model is your new phone

what brand and model was your old phone and what brand and model is your new phone
Old phone was Emerson and I can't complain as I paid like $20.00 USD and it lasted at least 10 years. Not going to bother digging up the model as it is probably out of production after ten years.

The new phone is Vtech and I also paid about $20.00 USD. It has more range than the old and more features although I doubt that I'll use many. Here is a link to the new phone.

I pay $45 a year for VOIP via a magicjack.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a Uniden tru8866 base phone from 2004 with 5 additional remote uniden cordless phones. It is thicker than newer phones which I like. I’m not a fan of newer cordless phones.
51TSWF9FP3L._AC_SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
My bidet showed up today and the install went just fine. I was a bit surprised as to the quality of the shipping as they even included a roll of Teflon tape for the threaded fittings and even a new rubber washer for the toilet tank connection. At first I was concerned that the nozzle dribbled a bit but it seems that things just had to settle in as the dribble has stopped.

So happy to have one of these again as they clean SO much better than paper! :)

Tomorrow should be my new phone... ;)
Way too much information Man !

Old phone was Emerson and I can't complain as I paid like $20.00 USD and it lasted at least 10 years. Not going to bother digging up the model as it is probably out of production after ten years.

The new phone is Vtech and I also paid about $20.00 USD. It has more range than the old and more features although I doubt that I'll use many. Here is a link to the new phone.

I pay $45 a year for VOIP via a magicjack.
I've looked at Magic Jack but never did it. Problem is that if I drop phone from my cable bundle the price goes up to where I would actually pay more by using Magic Jack.

Sigh, one of these days I'll drop Spectrum cable and go with Century Link DSL which now offers 100Mb/sec download speeds. After that I'll go strictly streaming except for the possibility of an antenna for local channels.

I thought you had dropped cable? Do you still watch some tv via cable.
I watch tv either via antenna or via streaming. I presently have Peacock and Paramount but will drop one of them after my introductory rate is cancellled.

I thought you had dropped cable? Do you still watch some tv via cable.
I watch tv either via antenna or via streaming. I presently have Peacock and Paramount but will drop one of them after my introductory rate is cancellled.
Don't know why but I'm still procrastinating. Yes, I watch mostly cable TV. I do streaming for binge watching series and movies. Right now I have Paramount+, Prime Video, HBO Max, and Peacock. I also have Disney+ which I dropped a while ago but it is now included in my cable package at no additional cost.

I dumped cable about 5 years ago and havent missed it at all. I pay $25 a month for internet service and $5 a month for phone via magicjack. Then on average I subscribe to one streaming service at a time. I get about 45 channels via antenna or which about 25 are worth watching. I luckily have 3 internet providers that I can play off on each other for the best rate. Every couple years, I change service provider. Works for me.

Now back to the topic at hand
What am I doing today?
I am promoting the Pet of the Month contest. If you havent yet voted, please vote now.
CLICK HERE to view the poll.

If you're young and living your wild years, and you have to throw up in a bidet - nothing could go wrong there, right?

Today, I made a bread machine loaf that came out looking like a bristlenose Ancistrus. I also moved some ottogartneri killie young, so I have 15 in a 10 gallon. I'm pleased because I can close to losing that species. I've enjoyed them since 2015, so they're a project.
I also moved 20 undescribed lampeye young to share a large enough tank with young Chromidotilapia nana, who don't bother them. That gives me my seven wilds, and now around 40 juvies.
That, and I bought rainboots. It's an action packed life here.

Don't know why but I'm still procrastinating. Yes, I watch mostly cable TV. I do streaming for binge watching series and movies. Right now I have Paramount+, Prime Video, HBO Max, and Peacock. I also have Disney+ which I dropped a while ago but it is now included in my cable package at no additional cost.
I usually like to watch YouTube videos and also Netflix. Since I'm still learning, I put English subtitles.

Most reactions

Back