What are you doing today?

That terrific. Burns was a wonderful poet. Are you served haggis, neeps and tatties and cranachan.
All of the above (the haggis made by a local couple from entirely traditional ingredients), plus hand pies, homemade shortbread, and really, really good, locally brewed Scottish wee heavy. So much good food; my kilt was feeling a bit tight around the belly. Also performances by the most excellent local pipe band, sing-alongs (accompanied this year by a ukulele band, which was a bit surreal), recitations of Burns poetry, and even a few traditional Scottish tunes on the whistle by your friendly neighborhood badger.

And tartan. Lots of tartan.

Sort of contemplating what may be going through my cockatiel's mind. Often, when out of his penthouse, he will just sit in the middle of our living room floor just looking around taking things in and looking all around. Now and then he will walk around in a circle but, mostly, just just looks around. It fascinates me as to wondering what he is thinking. He will do this for hours sometimes. In the following image he has been there for well over an hour just looking around. Pretty much where he sits is in the middle of the output from my Yamaha sound system. I wonder if the sound could be part of it... :dunno:

IMG_0473.JPG

Finally feeling better after a mystery bout of sniffles rhat knocked me out since Friday night. Saturday was spent in bed, not that I could sleep much as my sinuses get completely clogged in 30 minutes or less and I end up waking up because I can't breathe thru my nose. Fever only on Friday night/Saturday morning, never above 100 and gone since. Yesterday was ok, went to the movies, did some food shopping. Went to work today, but came home early as I still felt weak and lightheaded. Took a nice 2 hour nap, went out to do things that needed to be done... now just finished moving plants and decorations between my two tanks.
Hopefully tonight I get some quality sleep. I am feeling much better, the damned congestion is a randomly coming and going burden though, and if it comes again tonight I'm sure I'll be feeling like a zombie tomorrow morning.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

How bad? NFL players tend to get this and usually, unless really bad, will self heal. Often NFL players will keep playing as it isn't all that structural. I guessing this is in your knee as I've not heard of it in other joints...
pretty bad, I’ve had mild chronic tears but this one they think will require surgery 🤦‍♀️ I’ll add it to the list lol. Probably will have to be before my Ab/hip surgery, and before my brain decompression surgery

Today I have actually achieved 2 things on my long-term to do list. Chopped back an overgrown fuschia and entered TotM. I'm feeling very chilled and am off to write up the herbal formula for a client and then spend a couple of hours searching for papers to review for my masters research project. Absolutley LOVE this wee pomodora cube I bought, my productivity is going through the roof woohoo.

Biggie on my short term to do list is being ignored or I will become an alcoholic... fracking Google, they need regulating!

Just finished our second day of "Bring a Grownup to Music Class." Lots of parents coming and just doing music class with us. It isn't like a concert; the parents are in the thick of things learning to sing songs and play instruments. So much fun, for the kids and the parents. I get kind of a kick out of it, too. :lol:

Just finished our second day of "Bring a Grownup to Music Class." Lots of parents coming and just doing music class with us. It isn't like a concert; the parents are in the thick of things learning to sing songs and play instruments. So much fun, for the kids and the parents. I get kind of a kick out of it, too. :lol:
As said before I used to play drums and played a bit with a clarinet. Sigh, wish I still had that woodwind but it was meant to travel loose when I left Ohio along with a high dollar book. Forgot to grab both when I left and my ex refused to ship them to me even at my expense. From what I heard she sold the clarinet for like a dollar in a yard sale just out of spite due to my having the 'audacity' to leave her. The clarinet had an ebony body with an ivory mouthpiece and silver keys. Ya, very much an antique. BTW, the book was a 1941 Packard mechanics training manual with about 80% of the update sheets. 1941 Packard with a Super Eight engine is my dream car that I'll never have. Anyway she just trashed it from what I was told by mutual friends that didn't like her but kept in touch to let me know what was going on. A guy I worked with in Ohio was a member of an antique car club and I took the book in to show him. He told another club member about it and the guy offered $700.00 sight unseen. Out of spite she threw out at least $700.00. In an odd way I thought that sort of funny. ;) Sigh, once again I ramble... ;)

The actual reason that I responded with Badger's quote is that I was the very first student in my high school to have enough credits in music for it to be considered a major. I was awarded a scholarship to the the Baldwin Wallace Conservatory of Music in Berea Ohio but went in the Navy instead. Got hurt in the Navy costing me the sight in my right eye and was medically retired. Of course the scholarship was gone. Actually no regrets as all this contributed to who I am now and I'm happy with me. ;)

Most reactions

Back