What are you doing today?

Oh no you were the subject of a code blue? It was solved quickly I hope.

Doesn't a code blue mean that your heart stopped and they had to do CPR to bring you back??
It’s either cardiac or respiratory distress yes
@JuiceBox52
Gius, are you ok? What happened? A code blue is insanely serious...
I hope it didn't damage you too much
Thankfully I woke up before they really got to work. I went into SVT and lost consciousness.

It’s either cardiac or respiratory distress yes

Thankfully I woke up before they really got to work. I went into SVT and lost consciousness.
I'm confused. A code blue is only called if someones heart has stopped, or they've stopped breathing. What happened and how did they bring you round?

What are your favorite games? For about the last 8 - 10 months I have played NOTHING. I've been so addicted to aquariums that I leave little room for much else during my free time.

I usually find one I cannot stop playing and play and play and play. Some faves over time have been:
Everquest, EQ2, WoW, Borderlands series, Death Stranding, Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online.

Long before that was Hexen, Far Cry (first one), Mech Warrior (my son would sit on my lap and ask for us to play "Scary Robot"), Air Warrior 3 (actually bought real flight fighting tactics books for this LOL).

I have to say, when Everquest came out in the late 90's, it was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen. I lost a LOT of sleep with that one and it was SO difficult compared to games now LOL.Horizon.
Mostly D&D type RPG such as Fable, Baldur's Gate, Diablo 3 and

I'm confused. A code blue is only called if someones heart has stopped, or they've stopped breathing. What happened and how did they bring you round?
SVT is probably really dangerous in stage 4 heart failure and a huge risk of cardiac arrest I assume 😟

I play Starwars Battlefront 1&2, Lego games, Metalstorm, Minecraft (occasionally when I'm real board and need nostalgia lol), the original 80s Mario Brothers, I recently started playing Dauntless which I've been really liking for a free game and just as a game in general, and my friend sadly got me into Valorant lol. A bit too violent than games I normally do... I don't plan on going past that level and definitely want to keep it that way, Portal 2 (when I get the chance), same with Transformers Fall of Cybertron.
There's other games I want to play and do I'm sure, but that's just what comes to mind.
I soooo wish I could afford or get a nice gaming PC setup. It would be epic!
I use my parent's computer for Dauntless, Valorant, Minecraft, Metalstorm, and certain games on Roblox (hey there's some games on there that are nice if you look around right lol). It's not a gaming computer by any means... It can smoothly run those, but it gets pretty glitchy on Asphalt 9, so I've slowed down on playing it...
I play the more "advanced" games on our series x, which I can only use once per week and only on the weekends...
My laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 and, indeed, it runs some games. I bought the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires III on Steam, but only the last one runs well (also, the game is from 2007!). I hope I can get a computer that goes fine with the Definitive Edition.

Besides RTS games, I also played God of War I, II, and III, Kingdom Rush (including Frontiers, Origins, and Vengeance), and Counter-Strike (1.6 and Global Offensive). There are others that I played, but I forgot the exact titles.

My laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 and, indeed, it runs some games. I bought the Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition and Age of Empires III on Steam, but only the last one runs well (also, the game is from 2007!). I hope I can get a computer that goes fine with the Definitive Edition.

Besides RTS games, I also played God of War I, II, and III, Kingdom Rush (including Frontiers, Origins, and Vengeance), and Counter-Strike (1.6 and Global Offensive). There are others that I played, but I forgot the exact titles.
Ah nice lol.

Most are too much content-wise for me but I'm glad you like to play them!
One of my friends plays Elden Ring and wants to get into the God of War series one day...
I've heard it has a good story...

I think the only rated M game I've really want to play has been Starfield... Too bad there's lots of language and gore from the sound of it...

I think my "replacement game" option for that though will be Star Wars Outlaws once it comes out.
Usually the Star Wars games keep the content close to the movies

With my main system being self built I don't have any such issues. Granted the system is a beast with the video card costing over $1100.00 by itself. One mistake with game systems that people make is thinking only about the CPU but, when it comes to games and/or video editing, the video card is actually much more important than the CPU strength.

Was discharged from the hospital. The specialty labs (blood and CSF) had to be flown to the Mayo Clinic to their lab, and will take up to a month to get back. They said that since they can’t ttreat me before they come back, I’m taking up a bed that could be used for someone who can be treated. Which I understand, I know they had 40 people being treated in the hallways and lobby because they’re so busy, but I don’t feel it was safe to let me go home. I was hardly conscious, and even the strongest drugs they can give hardly brought my pain down to an 8/10.

They did a blood patch transfusion, I haven’t felt any relief from it yet, but hopefully in the morning it will help.

Tylenol does nothing for pain.
Now that I am off the heavy anti-inflammatories that the hospital had me on that were managing the brain swelling, my brain on fire, limb numbness, hallucinations and seizures are returning.

Gonna be one heck of a day

With my main system being self built I don't have any such issues. Granted the system is a beast with the video card costing over $1100.00 by itself. One mistake with game systems that people make is thinking only about the CPU but, when it comes to games and/or video editing, the video card is actually much more important than the CPU strength.
Video card is all important. I always buy a generation or 2 behind so I can pay $300 or so. I usually keep one for years, so I still get the "wow" factor. I will say I've been able to play games at a high graphics level longer and longer on a card. The line of improvements is flattening out.

Amazon delivered my new aquarium stand last night. It took me about 90 minutes to construct it from its parts. It is very solid and will hold a 10 gallon tank on the top level and a 5 gallon tank on the bottom level. In between the two levels is a cabinet with doors. I will begin cycling the five gallon tank today. It will be dedicated for fire red shrimp. IMG_0392.jpeg

Was discharged from the hospital. The specialty labs (blood and CSF) had to be flown to the Mayo Clinic to their lab, and will take up to a month to get back. They said that since they can’t ttreat me before they come back, I’m taking up a bed that could be used for someone who can be treated. Which I understand, I know they had 40 people being treated in the hallways and lobby because they’re so busy, but I don’t feel it was safe to let me go home. I was hardly conscious, and even the strongest drugs they can give hardly brought my pain down to an 8/10.

They did a blood patch transfusion, I haven’t felt any relief from it yet, but hopefully in the morning it will help.

Tylenol does nothing for pain.
Now that I am off the heavy anti-inflammatories that the hospital had me on that were managing the brain swelling, my brain on fire, limb numbness, hallucinations and seizures are returning.

Gonna be one heck of a day
Courage, my friend...

My bidet showed up today and the install went just fine. I was a bit surprised as to the quality of the shipping as they even included a roll of Teflon tape for the threaded fittings and even a new rubber washer for the toilet tank connection. At first I was concerned that the nozzle dribbled a bit but it seems that things just had to settle in as the dribble has stopped.

So happy to have one of these again as they clean SO much better than paper! :)

Tomorrow should be my new phone... ;)

Just filed my taxes for the first time in my life. It hurts!!
Here in Brazil, besides this torture, the indirect (and hidden) taxes are extremely high and there are several taxes that we don't even know exist (it is common to have medicines with 40 % tax). The car property tax is extremely burdensome (it's often equivalent to a monthly median income per year), also, this is despite our roads being crap and always causing prejudices among drivers. Despite some people becoming happy and the media thinking this is a wonderful thing, our tax reform will increase the tax revenue over the GDP.

For some reason, for now, my artemia are doing good on the project. I hope soon I can sell them for my MVP.

Most reactions

Back