What are you doing today?

Currently, I just watch Netflix series and/or movies, indeed, although not so much. Many times, I prefer to read articles or books (mainly on Economics and History).

We don't have cable TV and the free-to-air TV is usually terrible, also.

I used Excel for doing the term paper (doing the graphs), but I don't know so much about how to use it.

Currently, I just watch Netflix series and/or movies, indeed, although not so much. Many times, I prefer to read articles or books (mainly on Economics and History).

We don't have cable TV and the free-to-air TV is usually terrible, also.

I used Excel for doing the term paper (doing the graphs), but I don't know so much about how to use it.
I think reading has a load of benefits over tv or watching on devices, big problem I have when trying to watch anything is I am easily distracted by smart phone etc., I find it quite hard to just zone in and watch things now, to be honest id like to go back to a dumb phone but it does have its difficulties with travel, banking etc.

I think reading has a load of benefits over tv or watching on devices, big problem I have when trying to watch anything is I am easily distracted by smart phone etc., I find it quite hard to just zone in and watch things now, to be honest id like to go back to a dumb phone but it does have its difficulties with travel, banking etc.
I finally joined the 21st century and got a smart phone last Christmas. (Mrs. Badger bought me one) I resisted for the same reason you express here: it is hard enough being present and living in the moment without the internet in my pocket all the time. I really just want a phone that will call and text. That's it. Though I admit the OnX ap is extremely handy in my wilderness ramblings. Anyway, my solution is to keep the internet browser semi-disabled. You can't REALLY disable it, but I have it inconveniently located enough that I just don't use it.

It's a challenge! Good luck.

So you are a bit behind in your reading list... :)
Perpetually behind, yes. :) I lost my mom about 8 years ago. LOTR was a big part of her life, for some deep reasons I won't go into here. Going back to Middle Earth feels like a way of connecting with her, and in a way it always feels sort of like coming home.

I finally joined the 21st century and got a smart phone last Christmas. (Mrs. Badger bought me one) I resisted for the same reason you express here: it is hard enough being present and living in the moment without the internet in my pocket all the time. I really just want a phone that will call and text. That's it. Though I admit the OnX ap is extremely handy in my wilderness ramblings. Anyway, my solution is to keep the internet browser semi-disabled. You can't REALLY disable it, but I have it inconveniently located enough that I just don't use it.

It's a challenge! Good luck.
That sounds like a nice balance, I did a digital detox a few years back and had a month without using the internet and it did me a lot of good, went camping for a week of it so away from everything which was nice, might sound a bit strange but I definitely preferred life pre-internet much more simplistic and less distractions, though i am glad it is here for forums like TFF but the genie is well and truly out the bottle with the internet.

Last edited:
I dropped cable about 4 years ago. Occasionally I will subscribe to a minor steaming service like paramount or peacock but mostly I find just watching over air antenna channels and the free streaming services/channels like Tubi, Pluto, Roku etc give me plenty to watch. There are also many streaming movie apps available via my Roku tv for mostly older movies.
When there is a football game that I feel is a must watch, I might subscribe to Sling for a month. Most local football games (Patritos) are available on local antenna channel.
Most streaming services have a free trial for a week to a month so that might be an option for you, @jaylach .

The smartest mosquito in history is in my house.

She is stalking me.

She and 2 friends snuck in on the dog. Her friends?

Well, they aren't hungry anymore. I live about a km from a salt marsh, and I am good at self defence.

She has taken about a dozen runs at me, and I've missed her every time. I don't know how. She has ninja reflexes. She'll buzz in my ears tonight if she makes it that long.

This has been an ongoing battle, as I have worked at my laptop all afternoon. At least I know if she gets me, it's in vain since she'll not be able to successfully lay eggs in here. If she hadn't hitched a ride on the dog, and had stayed outside, she could have really started something. Then again, if she bites me and gets back on the dog for the last walk of the evening...

Made myself some yummy gluten free rotini. It’s hard to find gf pasta that the texture is good, Barilla is the best brand I’ve found. Any corn pasta has a much better texture than that made with rice flour or other flours

Working my butt off today in between bouts of extreme tachycardia and unconsciousness 😅
Getting lots done tho
Getting more done than me and I haven't got tachycardia or unconsciousness. Have you got married yet or is that to come? :flowers: I think that's and emoticon giving flowers? Not sure :)

I'm getting ready to go out looking for elk, early early tomorrow morning, after dropping the Badgerling off for a band trip to the University of Wyoming. Hopefully it will be a fun day for everyone except the elk.

Most reactions

Back