What are you doing today?

there's just an overwhelming amount to do, and so much furniture and clutter to clean, sort, donate, and re-arrange. Also feels weird to change around my parents belongings, we were always respectful of their space and privacy, as they were with us, so have to push through those "this feels disrespectful, or too soon" feelings. Because it does need to be done, it's the healthy thing to do, and I'm sure they'd approve. That we need to make the house liveable for us, while we get everything sorted and settled.
My advice would be to take your time with it, do a bit everyday...even if its just a box. Decluttering is always the hard part, knowing if it's right to get rid of something you might need or miss

I'd have to be pretty hungry to eat a grasshopper. I hear the key is to pull the legs off first. I have eaten an ant, but not on purpose.
I have eaten fried ants from Colombia. My wife is from Bogota.

Here is a critique we did about 15 years ago. They're called Hormigas Culonas - "big butt ants" (note- the kid in the video with me is my youngest - he's now a chef (my oldest was filming and is a 2nd Lt in the Army - time flies)

I have eaten fried ants from Colombia. My wife is from Bogota.

Here is a critique we did about 15 years ago. They're called Hormigas Culonas - "big butt ants" (note- the kid in the video with me is my youngest - he's now a chef (my oldest was filming and is a 2nd Lt in the Army - time flies)
Bitter after taste with a hint of fart 🤣 yum!

Bitter after taste with a hint of fart 🤣 yum!
LOL- they do taste like Corn Nuts- and they did have a bit of an aftertaste. They are seasonal, and are best eaten fresh. I haven't been in Bogota when they're in season (I forget when it is, but it's not when I've been there), so she brought me a bag they saved for me. I'm guessing they were a bit stale. Not something I'd run to get, but definitely good.

Kumis, on the other hand, is absolutely the best thing ever! You can find it in the US if you look in Colombian grocery stores- and I've found 1 bakery around here that makes it themselves. Think citrus-y thick milk. ....that kind of sounds gross, but it's great, I promise!

Besides writing my personal statement for my graduate application (or at least almost that), I remain stubborn, adding more brine shrimp cysts on the 17th (the ones that were born on the 2nd are almost extinct). Their birth date is between the 18th and 19th. I also added more aragonite and did some siphoning.

1705855984128.jpeg
1705855997162.jpeg

1705856013629.jpeg

🤷‍♀️ I know they’re admitting me
Well if nothing else that's at least a good thing...they can keep their eye on you and give you treatment as and when you need it ❤️ stay strong my lovely

Getting ready to watch NFL playoffs and working up the courage to tear apart my wireless land-line phone to see if I can get some of the buttons working without having to mash them. If not I'll just buy a new one. The thing has lasted over 10 years so I can't complain. ;)

LOL- they do taste like Corn Nuts- and they did have a bit of an aftertaste. They are seasonal, and are best eaten fresh. I haven't been in Bogota when they're in season (I forget when it is, but it's not when I've been there), so she brought me a bag they saved for me. I'm guessing they were a bit stale. Not something I'd run to get, but definitely good.

Kumis, on the other hand, is absolutely the best thing ever! You can find it in the US if you look in Colombian grocery stores- and I've found 1 bakery around here that makes it themselves. Think citrus-y thick milk. ....that kind of sounds gross, but it's great, I promise!
Isn't kumis basically liquid yogurt?

What are you doing today?​

Well, I just finished writing an article for the Poecilia news February edition. It's about how nanoplastics can influence pregnant livebearer females. If we look at nowadays decorations for fishtank that are made of plastics. It will be the question at what point such plastic items can be damaging to fish? And I don't mean an injury on the outside of the body. And in this case, I've focused on livebearers for that's my forte...

After removing screws and still not being able to get the back off my phone due to clips that just won't seem to do it I decided the heck with it and just ordered a new phone. I mean the phone is at least 10 years old and not really worth the time I would spend trying to fix.

So I spent $20.00 USD for a replacement that has more features. Well, actually I spent $23.00 USD as I included a 3 year extended warranty. Normally I don't do extended warranties on electronics but for $4,00 USD I figured why not especially since it is coming from Walmart and I don't really trust them.

To avoid shipping I also ordered a toilet bidet which I've missed since leaving the place I had in Florida and have been thinking about getting for quite a while. It is a hand held so will also be used to clean the toilet and bathroom sink. If you have never used a bidet you won't understand but if you have you will know why I miss. The retail for the thing is ~$50.00 USD but I got for $22.00 USD. It will pay for itself in what would be 4 packs of toilet paper. I hope this is not too descriptive... ;) Many think that a bidet is just for women but that is not true as it just does a MUCH better job of cleaning than paper.

Here is the phone I got.

Here is the bidet.

After removing screws and still not being able to get the back off my phone due to clips that just won't seem to do it I decided the heck with it and just ordered a new phone. I mean the phone is at least 10 years old and not really worth the time I would spend trying to fix.

So I spent $20.00 USD for a replacement that has more features. Well, actually I spent $23.00 USD as I included a 3 year extended warranty. Normally I don't do extended warranties on electronics but for $4,00 USD I figured why not especially since it is coming from Walmart and I don't really trust them.

To avoid shipping I also ordered a toilet bidet which I've missed since leaving the place I had in Florida and have been thinking about getting for quite a while. It is a hand held so will also be used to clean the toilet and bathroom sink. If you have never used a bidet you won't understand but if you have you will know why I miss. The retail for the thing is ~$50.00 USD but I got for $22.00 USD. It will pay for itself in what would be 4 packs of toilet paper. I hope this is not too descriptive... ;) Many think that a bidet is just for women but that is not true as it just does a MUCH better job of cleaning than paper.

Here is the phone I got.

Here is the bidet.
I haven't had a house phone in almost 30 years, I think. The last one I had, I had to have it because Tivo required it. :D

Most reactions

Back