What are you doing today?

Finally, today I returned to the gym! This, despite the hot weather... once again...

Also, my air pump and other supplies arrived. So, time to improve the project.
1704761465002.jpeg
1704761496359.jpeg
1704761511435.jpeg

For now, I must monitor both the performance of the culture and if my Boxer will ruin anything (she destroyed my siphon a few weeks ago).

This morning was a bit of a heartbreak...dropping my youngest off at nursery which up until now has been a piece of cake, was awful! So far he just runs in without a second glance at his poor mum waving from the door, but today he clung on to me and when I tried to leave he balled his beautiful big blue eyes out 😭 I felt terrible leaving him like that. I know it's something he'll get used to and all kids go through similar, but no one told me about the tremendous guilt you as the parent have to endure! Here's me thinking I'll be loving all this freedom and peace and quiet with both kids out the house and yet all I can do is watch the clock until I can fetch them home again 🧐 how annoying!

This morning was a bit of a heartbreak...dropping my youngest off at nursery which up until now has been a piece of cake, was awful! So far he just runs in without a second glance at his poor mum waving from the door, but today he clung on to me and when I tried to leave he balled his beautiful big blue eyes out 😭 I felt terrible leaving him like that. I know it's something he'll get used to and all kids go through similar, but no one told me about the tremendous guilt you as the parent have to endure! Here's me thinking I'll be loving all this freedom and peace and quiet with both kids out the house and yet all I can do is watch the clock until I can fetch them home again 🧐 how annoying!
This is actually rather alarming. If I read right dropping at the nursery was fine and then not. If this is correct something traumatic happened and I'd be VERY concerned. Think about it. After things being fine all of a sudden he wants no part of the place? If it were my kid, just to be safe, he would never be returned to the nursery. From what you wrote something happened that should not have. :(

This is actually rather alarming. If I read right dropping at the nursery was fine and then not. If this is correct something traumatic happened and I'd be VERY concerned. Think about it. After things being fine all of a sudden he wants no part of the place? If it were my kid, just to be safe, he would never be returned to the nursery. From what you wrote something happened that should not have. :(
I'd be inclined to agree with you if he'd been there a while but he's actually only just started and this morning was his third time there. He recognised that I will be leaving him there and the excitement from all the new toys and friends wasn't enough to stop him from being bothered by my absence 🥺 I've just got him back home, they said he settled very quickly after I'd left thankfully and that he was fine for the rest of his stay. I think he's doing super well for a 3 year old pandemic baby being away from mummy for the first time ❤️

I'd be inclined to agree with you if he'd been there a while but he's actually only just started and this morning was his third time there. He recognised that I will be leaving him there and the excitement from all the new toys and friends wasn't enough to stop him from being bothered by my absence 🥺 I've just got him back home, they said he settled very quickly after I'd left thankfully and that he was fine for the rest of his stay. I think he's doing super well for a 3 year old pandemic baby being away from mummy for the first time ❤️
That's so sweet. At least you know how much he loves you then!

Hopefully he gets better at that with time

That's so sweet. At least you know how much he loves you then!

Hopefully he gets better at that with time
Thank you, I'm sure he will...most little ones go through the separation anxiety stage, but with time and getting used to the routine they soon learn that mummy's coming back

At a month after turning 3 my younger child cried himself to sleep the first day he went to playgroup - very few nursery places back then. A year later, a month after turning 4, he started school and wouldn't let me take him in on his first day, he insisted on going by himself. I hung round the gate just in case until another mother came back from taking her child in and told me he'd been standing outside the door and couldn't open it. When she opened it to take her child in, he went inside with her quite happily. Talk about contrasts!

At a month after turning 3 my younger child cried himself to sleep the first day he went to playgroup - very few nursery places back then. A year later, a month after turning 4, he started school and wouldn't let me take him in on his first day, he insisted on going by himself. I hung round the gate just in case until another mother came back from taking her child in and told me he'd been standing outside the door and couldn't open it. When she opened it to take her child in, he went inside with her quite happily. Talk about contrasts!
Kids are so funny...my boy is feeling insecure tonight, he's usually a very good sleeper but has called me in twice so far for a cuddle...poor chap

Thank you, I'm sure he will...most little ones go through the separation anxiety stage, but with time and getting used to the routine they soon learn that mummy's coming back
Yah. It will take him a bit. But soon he'll realize that you'll always come back for him and he'll feel safe knowing that

I used to hate those random days when daycare became a sad drop off. It wasn't often, but it always felt awful. Sometimes we'd find the reason for it, most times we didn't. It just happens sometimes.

If I'd stayed home as a parent, we wouldn't have a had a home to stay in. The same for my wife - those were lean years.

Yeah... unfortunately, just a few hours later, my dog attacked the cardboard box where the pump was. When I came to see, the pump was working upside down. Well, I had to transfer the culture to a high place.
1704849897512.jpeg

Yeah... unfortunately, just a few hours later, my dog attacked the cardboard box where the pump was. When I came to see, the pump was working upside down. Well, I had to transfer the culture to a high place.
View attachment 334459
LOL! At least it sounds like the pump survived. ;) Other than tennis balls the favorite toy for the black lab I had in Florida was empty 12 pack soda boxes. Amazing how such a big mouth could shred the things into such small pieces. ;)

I used to hate those random days when daycare became a sad drop off. It wasn't often, but it always felt awful. Sometimes we'd find the reason for it, most times we didn't. It just happens sometimes.

If I'd stayed home as a parent, we wouldn't have a had a home to stay in. The same for my wife - those were lean years.
This morning was the same, he was so upset...I know he'll be alright but it's so sad to leave him so distressed

Does anyone here have experience with extreme memory issues? Like dementia/Alzheimer’s type thing? Or like TBI/amnesia

Does anyone here have experience with extreme memory issues? Like dementia/Alzheimer’s type thing? Or like TBI/amnesia
I worked with dementia patients for a few years a while back....

Most reactions

Back