What are you doing today?

You will get backlash with just about any reel. I would get a slightly cheaper one to start because you will backlash. Its just a fact. I would also recommend running mono to start. You will waste a lot of line as you learn the ropes. At least I did.
I know that any baitcast reel can and most likely will backlash, but some are more prone to than others is what I meant by saying that.
Also Shimano is a very well trusted brand and I can get it for very cheap off of Facebook marketplace rn lol.
Mono is the plan. I'm thinking of doing 10lb mono... I can't really use braid where I'm at anyway due to the muddy water...
Hopefully I don't waste TOO much line LOL. I'm hoping all this research pays off 😅

I just saw this post in a weekly update. It was great to see all the outdoors picture. I miss that stuff.
Spent most of the last two weeks here in Israel watching my kids (they don't have school), and hanging out in a bomb shelter.
I'm so sorry... How bad is everything in your area? Hopefully it all settles down and ends. I can't even imagine what is going on...
My thoughts and prayers are with you

Fair enough.
After you get good with the mono, switch to flouro. That stuff is actually great for bait casters.
Oh awesome!! Thank you!
I haven't looked into flouro at all really... What makes it different from mono?

What have I been doing today? Hmmmm..... 🤔 its hard to know... I've started a thousand jobs but have either been distracted or run out of steam to complete a single thing. Now I'm tired and loafing in front of the TV not having done anything in particular...I hope dinner will cook itself tonight

I'm so sorry... How bad is everything in your area? Hopefully it all settles down and ends. I can't even imagine what is going on...
My thoughts and prayers are with you
Thank G-d, we are in one of the less dangerous areas, near the capital - but we've still some attacks. Moral is high.
The hardest part is that I've been out of work since it started - haven't even set food in my office in a couple of weeks (since there was a national holiday here and we had the weekend off right before it started). Instead, I've been trapped at home with 3 kids - one infant, one ADHD, and one on the spectrum - while my wife goes to work, since she has a job which is considered essential.

Thank G-d, we are in one of the less dangerous areas, near the capital - but we've still some attacks. Moral is high.
I'm really glad to hear you and your family are in one of the less affected areas...
I know you said that you're trapped, but do you have any means of evacuation or safety if there were to be worse attacks?
The hardest part is that I've been out of work since it started - haven't even set food in my office in a couple of weeks (since there was a national holiday here and we had the weekend off right before it started).
I'm so sorry. I pray it gets better
Instead, I've been trapped at home with 3 kids - one infant, one ADHD, and one on the spectrum - while my wife goes to work, since she has a job which is considered essential.
I know how that is. I have adhd and autism. My brother has it as well... There is a lot of struggles that come along with that, so I do understand.

I hope your wife stays safe out there and you can keep the kids calm and in good spirits moving forward in all this.

I know I keep saying this, but I do mean it as it's all I can offer for now, but you are in my prayers

Hello again
They look like this!
View attachment 328966

Oh cool!
I guess I was aiming for high quality for my first baitcaster...
Kastking is q good brand. I have a spinning reel by them for my medium setup. It's a kastking centron. But I broke the drag clicker on it (my fault).
I saw a really good deal for a Shimano SLX XT baitcasting reel (I've heard very good things about it) with an abu garcia rod.
I just don't feel like a kastking would be as high quality as other ones out there and they may not be that sturdy. Or I'll get a ton of backlash with it them...
Hello again. Okay, we're on the same page now.

10 Tanks (Now more)

if you have any good experience with baitcastin
If you buy one that says, "eliminates backlashes" they are LYING! LOL I bought a nice baitcaster reel and a 7 foot rod so that I could cast very far from the bank of a bunch of ponds/small lakes I was fishing. I casted it ONCE. Ever. I was so frustrated after the first cast (if you want to call it a cast) at the impossible spaghetti I was looking at, that I set it down, picked up the trusty open faced and went on about my business.

I would strongly suggest practicing in the back yard or somewhere a bunch before actually going fishing.

Today I drove to work still grumbling over 3 picks that Desmond Ridder threw on Sunday in a game that the Falcons had to work hard at giving away. Drove home wondering if the Bulldogs (UGA) are going to survive the next 4 or 5 games without Brock Bowers.

Stared at my fish. Considered the fact that I promised myself I would not feed them today. Opened the container of freeze dried tubiflex worms. Broke a cube in half. Stuck it to the inside of the tank- watched the mayhem. I am a fat guy....I like fat fish! :D

If you buy one that says, "eliminates backlashes" they are LYING! LOL I bought a nice baitcaster reel and a 7 foot rod so that I could cast very far from the bank of a bunch of ponds/small lakes I was fishing. I casted it ONCE. Ever. I was so frustrated after the first cast (if you want to call it a cast) at the impossible spaghetti I was looking at, that I set it down, picked up the trusty open faced and went on about my business.

I would strongly suggest practicing in the back yard or somewhere a bunch before actually going fishing.
Yah lol. No baitcaster can promise that... Qll of them do at some point. You just have to use it properly and it shouldn't backlash. If you have the brakes low, its bound to backlash

Yah lol. No baitcaster can promise that... Qll of them do at some point. You just have to use it properly and it shouldn't backlash. If you have the brakes low, its bound to backlash
And if you have windy conditions, that can also cause one, as well as waves, or if the spool is spinning after the bait/Lure has landed

Most reactions

Back