What are you doing today?

@jaylach You know what they say . Mess with the bull and you get the horns . Good for you getting those jokers to toe the line .
Actually I sort of enjoy the battle especially when utilities are involved. Let's see... here are the top three.

1) When I bought my house in Ohio in, I think, 1977, it was still under construction. After I moved in I contacted the water company requesting that a meter be installed and billing started. They actually sort of yelled at me for being fraudulent as there was no residence at the address. I sent both registered and certified letters requesting the meter which were ignored. Several years later they contacted me saying that I was in violation for not having a meter installed and were going to to send me an estimated bill for all those years. I calmly informed them that I had receipts and copies of the letters I sent and that, by Ohio state regulations, they could only go back six months as to an estimated bill. They never even ended up doing that.

2) Left Ohio in 1987 and moved to Ft. Worth Texas. Contacted the phone company to have service turned on. They wanted $90.00 to turn on service in a residence that was already fully wired. In 1987 I was in the minority as to having a computer so what I did wasn't expected. I loaded up my word processor and made up a fictitios attorney letterhead along with a check for $45.00. The letter stated that the client, me, considered the wanted fee out of line and that the partial payment was given in good faith while the rest was with the clerk of courts to await litigation. It was amazing how fast they responded saying that the $45.00 would be considered sufficient.

3) When I lived in Florida I was contacted by the local cable company saying they had a special going on where I could increase my service to include all premium channels. for something like $56.00/month. This was around 1994. First month was fine with the promised billing. The second month was around $200.00. I contacted them and was told that the deal was from the date of being started, not when I signed up. The battle was started and went on for a while. Finally I contacted the city's management office which handled disputes with the cable company and was told that they could do nothing over the phone and I would have to submit the complaint in writing so I did. They contacted me back saying that out of over 200 complaints they had received mine was the only one on which they could take action as I had names, dates, times and a synopsis of all conversations with the cable3 company. They forced the cable company to extend the deal for an additional year from the date that they received my complaint.

I just don't allow outfits to mess with me. ;)

Actually I sort of enjoy the battle especially when utilities are involved. Let's see... here are the top three.

1) When I bought my house in Ohio in, I think, 1977, it was still under construction. After I moved in I contacted the water company requesting that a meter be installed and billing started. They actually sort of yelled at me for being fraudulent as there was no residence at the address. I sent both registered and certified letters requesting the meter which were ignored. Several years later they contacted me saying that I was in violation for not having a meter installed and were going to to send me an estimated bill for all those years. I calmly informed them that I had receipts and copies of the letters I sent and that, by Ohio state regulations, they could only go back six months as to an estimated bill. They never even ended up doing that.

2) Left Ohio in 1987 and moved to Ft. Worth Texas. Contacted the phone company to have service turned on. They wanted $90.00 to turn on service in a residence that was already fully wired. In 1987 I was in the minority as to having a computer so what I did wasn't expected. I loaded up my word processor and made up a fictitios attorney letterhead along with a check for $45.00. The letter stated that the client, me, considered the wanted fee out of line and that the partial payment was given in good faith while the rest was with the clerk of courts to await litigation. It was amazing how fast they responded saying that the $45.00 would be considered sufficient.

3) When I lived in Florida I was contacted by the local cable company saying they had a special going on where I could increase my service to include all premium channels. for something like $56.00/month. This was around 1994. First month was fine with the promised billing. The second month was around $200.00. I contacted them and was told that the deal was from the date of being started, not when I signed up. The battle was started and went on for a while. Finally I contacted the city's management office which handled disputes with the cable company and was told that they could do nothing over the phone and I would have to submit the complaint in writing so I did. They contacted me back saying that out of over 200 complaints they had received mine was the only one on which they could take action as I had names, dates, times and a synopsis of all conversations with the cable3 company. They forced the cable company to extend the deal for an additional year from the date that they received my complaint.

I just don't allow outfits to mess with me. ;)
Remind me to never get in debt to you !

Remind me to never get in debt to you !
It isn't about being in debt to me. It is about my refusal to allow utilities and stores to take advantage. Both seem to think that they have you by the short hairs but they really don't. They both tend to think the consumer is as dumb as a rock. Don't let that belief stand. It has been said that the best defense is a strong offense. In many cases this is true especially when dealing with utilities and on-line stores.

Don't let these outfits bluff you. Even though they try to make it seem that you need them the actual fact is the opposite, they need you. They will say this and that in their defense but will almost always fold if you call their bluff. The current case with my camera is a pretty strong indication that this is actually true.

Watched the first two episodes of Ahsoka , quite pleased with it so far and liked the Sabine Wren character, not quite sure how she managed to get an apprenticeship as jedi if she has no force skills ?
I liked Ahsoka too! Seems like it could go in a really interesting direction.

Today I made homemade marshmallows and ran up and down a hill. Also learned about atomic Covalent bonds.

Came home early from the office to find a cory apparently on time out from the rest of them 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• 20230830_154734.jpg
    20230830_154734.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 12

Most reactions

Back