What are you doing today?

I'd say I put it in the oven (or maybe bung it in th'oven) or went over to someone's house but then I'm a Northerner. We talk a different language from Southerners :)

And in the north, going to someone's house for tea would mean a light meal. It's either light meal in the middle of the day called lunch and a big meal in the evening called dinner or a big meal in the middle of the day called dinner and a light meal in the evening called tea.
Of course southerners call the big meal in the evening supper while northerners use the word supper for a hot milky drink and biscuit before going to bed.

For the yanks to bear in mind. There is about 6 different types of English, depending on whereabouts in England you are based. For example @Essjay speaks a different type than me probably, but we manage on the forum okay.

Scotland is another language entirely.

Not to mention Welsh - my husband is Welsh (though he doesn't speak Welsh) :)

It has been said that the English are bilingual. We speak both our own regional version of English and Queen's English. (Should that be King's English now?) We use regional English where we live and Queen's/King's English when talking to someone from another region or another country. But we still use the regional accent when talking Queen's English, it's just the vocabulary we change.

When I was at university I was told by a Welsh speaking student that southern Welsh is different from northern Welsh.

For the yanks to bear in mind. There is about 6 different types of English, depending on whereabouts in England you are based. For example @Essjay speaks a different type than me probably, but we manage on the forum okay.

Scotland is another language entirely.
Then there’s Aussie huh @Colin_T ? But without which I would never have learned the immortal phrase “randy little sods”. 😆

Will be there soon sorry
HIlarious...! 🤣
They've been picked up. And today a new order by someone came in that will be picked up on this coming Friday evening. All guppy and endler strains.
His wish list:
3 pair red tiger endler

3 pair wild orange endler

3 pair red chest endler

3 pair campoma nr 2

3 pair blue star

3 pair campoma 31

3 pair ginga rubra blond

3 pair kinubali

3 pair zebrinus lower sword

3 par tanaka maple leafs

3 pair High end ritz

3 pair blue rio

3 pair tanaka ginga kimbali

3 pair tuxedo silverado

3 pair short tail magenta

or magenta snakechest

3 pair micropoecilia picta

3 pair yellow tuxedo platinum

3 pair roundtail blue ghost

HIlarious...! 🤣
They've been picked up. And today a new order by someone came in that will be picked up on this coming Friday evening. All guppy and endler strains.
His wish list:
3 pair red tiger endler

3 pair wild orange endler

3 pair red chest endler

3 pair campoma nr 2

3 pair blue star

3 pair campoma 31

3 pair ginga rubra blond

3 pair kinubali

3 pair zebrinus lower sword

3 par tanaka maple leafs

3 pair High end ritz

3 pair blue rio

3 pair tanaka ginga kimbali

3 pair tuxedo silverado

3 pair short tail magenta

or magenta snakechest

3 pair micropoecilia picta

3 pair yellow tuxedo platinum

3 pair roundtail blue ghost
Watch yourself on that one . That’s a thief if ever I did see one or else some over enthusiastic blowhard yanking your chain . Something funny about somebody wanting that many fish .

Watch yourself on that one . That’s a thief if ever I did see one or else some over enthusiastic blowhard yanking your chain . Something funny about somebody wanting that many fish .
I mean, everyone starts somewhere and he's buying them, so he can do what he wants with them 🤷‍♂️😅

Not to mention Welsh - my husband is Welsh (though he doesn't speak Welsh) :)

It has been said that the English are bilingual. We speak both our own regional version of English and Queen's English. (Should that be King's English now?) We use regional English where we live and Queen's/King's English when talking to someone from another region or another country. But we still use the regional accent when talking Queen's English, it's just the vocabulary we change.

When I was at university I was told by a Welsh speaking student that southern Welsh is different from northern Welsh.
We also tend to stick to our native regional English when angry. My mum used to scold me in her Scottish accent, but when she was happy with me, she spoke more of London (England) accent. It did help me predict how the conversation was going to go atleast.

He has been here before. But he lives on the other side of the country. Last time, he also had a complete wish list but he was short of tanks at that time.

He has been here before. But he lives on the other side of the country. Last time, he also had a complete wish list but he was short of tanks at that time.
I was looking at your profile and since I first started interacting with you, I thought NL meant New Zealand :D but is it New Foundland Canada?

Most reactions

Back