What are you doing today?

Will try to get a video of the Grand Entry up if I can get the demons exorcised from my internet connection.
I have found that, assuming no actual hardware issue, a reset of the router and modem will do wonders for internet issues. You can test connection speed at:
That will give you the actual up/download speeds but not throughput. Throughput is more important than actual speed.

Did you get your plumbing fixed?

WB's attempting a plumbing job ( his wife is trying to clean up the mess)
turn off volume if you don't want to hear the profanities

Last edited:
Mister Marcello did amazing through the terminal and TSA. He’s the best boy.
B0048A5C-0E75-484E-82D9-B9F7594DC6C1.jpeg

One of the schools I worked in was a college, and with the older students, it had an agreement with a service dog training organization. We'd have service dogs and their trainers wandering the hallways all day long, and working dogs often ended up in my classrooms then. They are amazing dogs.
I know well we have to ignore them and let them focus, but it isn't easy.

Ya, it likely is an easy fix. Look at something like the following. Don't know the quality of the item below. I just clicked on the first result when doing a se4arch for "flexible drain pipe". The linked item is only $10.48.

View attachment 322655
A corrugated pipe will reduce flow velocity due to wall friction and catch debris, I would not recommend for kitchen use

A little disappointed . :( I was considering getting some Neritina semiconica (Red Onion Nerite Snails) from Dan's Fish. Talked to Jonny there (one of their reps) and he strongly advised against doing so. Since my cichlids will eat bladder snails like popcorn he said that they would almost certainly kill the red onions.

On a brighter side my new entertainment center showed up today... Thing is going to be a project to assemble! I'll post a pic when done... likely next week. This thing has a LOT of parts! ;) New 43 inch TV is scheduled to arrive tomorrow so I guess I best get at it.

I installed a backsplash on the new countertop today. It was slightly warped so took some creative weighting to get it in place. About to turn on the kitchen water to see if my plumbing fix worked. I consulted a plumber and it turns out I was doing it right but had a defective part. This is both comforting and annoying. Might go out for a trail run later. Or might just sit in the air conditioning and read a book. :)

Well everything came and is set up; new entertainment center and TV. I was hoping that both TVs would fit on the new entertainment center but not even close. Still have to tie up wires but everything is connected and working. Here is a before and after. I may move the larger TV to the middle of the stand but I kind of prefer to not have a gap between displays.

Before:
IMG_0026.JPG

After:
IMG_0057.JPG

Most reactions

Back