What are you doing today?

Did some research today and found that my getting a laser engraver is out. Puts out toxic fumes that could kill my bird. :(
That’s a shame

I did water changes in order of potential contagion. (I don't use the python on 10s, they are tomorrow). 40 long, 29, Hex, 55. Done

Did some research today and found that my getting a laser engraver is out. Puts out toxic fumes that could kill my bird. :(
Actually I let my mind do the weird things it likes to do. ;) I could beat the toxic aspect with an aquarium.

Just get an acrylic tank just large enough to hold the engraver. Cut an outlet hole large enough to hold a computer desktop case type fan blowing out with an exhaust tube that I can throw out a window. On the opposite side of the tank there would be small holes to allow air flow but the holes would need to be small enough to where the air intake was less than what the output fan pulled. This would result in a low air pressure within the engraver's containment preventing any toxins from actually entering the room as the resulting convection would put all the toxins outside with not allowing anything to actually be present in my apartment.

A REALLY interesting thought but not something I'm likely to actually do. Still I'd make a bet that it would work.

Other than that I'm doing a bit of binge watching the Rings Of Power on Amazon Prime. I have a thing about the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings stuff. When I was a kid I had no interest in reading; just wanted to do baseball and/or football. My mother forced me to read the Hobbit to her out loud. When it got to an interesting part she would take away the book and put it on a shelf I could just reach. Of course I just HAD to find out what happened so I would get the book to see. I have been an avid reader ever since. Mothers can be such devious critters but I could never thank her enough for opening entire worlds and universes to my imagination just by opening a book.

I'm doing a filter media rinsing in my 29 gallon. WC to be done in 2 days.

_______________________-
Our Fish of the Month contest is now accepting entries. This month features livebearers. If you have livebearers, we hope you enter one fo them in the contest. CLICK HERE to view entry thread.

Went on a hike by the beach yesterday...
Amazing sunset
20230209_173419.jpg

It's a nice day today. Not too cold, not windy and not raining. So I cleaned the cover glasses (outside in the garden) on my main tank at long last. They are heavy and awkward to re-seat afterwards. These are sliding glasses and they run along a plastic strip with an upper and lower groove. Getting the two sheets of glass into the plastic strip always me ages, then I have to get the plastic strip in just the right position to slot it back down. But it's done and I now have nice clean cover glass again :)

Brisket in the smoker for the super bowl party tomorrow; elk shank in the oven for supper tonight; chocolate chip pancakes (courtesy of Mrs. Badger) and elk sausage for breakfast.

Planning to start painting fake rocks for the waterfall paludarium, and maybe work on softening some elk leg hides I've had soaking in bark tannin solution all winter.

I gotta go to the petstore and pick up some dechlorinator... I'll see what they have for plants but idk if I want to get a plant with my BGA and idk if there is enough nutrients for the plant... Like if I get a sword plant or something

I’ll be cleaning turtle tanks today. It’s a big miserable chore, that involves a sump pump, garden hoses, disassembling and cleaning disgusting homemade filters, and dealing with big angry turtles.
And water everywhere.

I use my garage and open the door to do resin stuff. I may do JB Weld in the house a bit later but while it is curing it will be in the garage.

Most reactions

Back