We Need Dog Breeds

Classic Kelpie (Australain Working Dog usually used for herding sheep) colouration, but yours is bulkier in the head and body. So ideally a Kelpie x Lab.

I am glad my pet insurance (and my home and contents insurance) doesn't avoid any dog breeds, just as well really because nearly every other person has a cattle dog x staffy or other combinations. And the next dog I hope to get is going to be an English Mastiff.
I saw an english mastiff once...I thought it was a horse..

Neopaliton Mastiffs are rare enough in Australia , beautiful dogs and nearly worth the slobber. My parents have a Tibetan Spaniel, but I like the large and giant breeds of dogs. I also wouldn't mind a greyhound, simply because they are so soft, thier coat is like silk.

Irish wolfhounds are lovely, real gentle giants.
My mother sold a chihuahua to a lady who looked after the Irish guards mascot one, they were inseparable

Hmm.... Yeah, all they said were those are no-no breeds so she's officially a chocolate lab x Belgian malinois
Just be really careful as technically if you do claim its committing fraud. Knowingly supplying your insurance company with details you know to be false.
Good luck.

The only reason i worry is because if you make a claim and your insurance refuse to pay up, they will be the ones in the right to be fair... will you be able to pay vet bills upright if you suddenly need to or is your dog going to suffer. Potential or not.. the potential has to be counted as if it will happen because at some point in a dogs lif... vets are inevitable...

I have a greyhound x border collie cross and she is a nutcase and a complete soft idiot.

Without insurance... we would be screwed... we have also been messed about completely by insurance companies.. good thing we are friends with our vet for the last 11 yars!

Bella has been attacked by other peoples dogs 3 times needing vet attention (bells is really submissive which upsets some psychopathic german shepherds). Six times through injuring herself running, by running into a barbed wire fence, running into a hedge, spraining her leg and tearing tendons, standing on sharp things... you name it..she'll find away...

She ran into a gate once.. not even full 'mental greyhound' run... she just... ran into it and has scar across her nose.. special case dog for sure... but without insurance.. would easily have cost thousands in repair! :crazy:

We just needed the breeds for house insurance, we're close friends with the vet, so, we think we got it. I guess lol

Okay, so I'm from Aus. Why can't those breeds be insured??

They claim those dogs are all big risks because they can be used for fighting and can attack people on a whim. Which I find idiotic. I know more chihuahuas who bite then pitties, although I realize a pittie does more damage if it does

They claim those dogs are all big risks because they can be used for fighting and can attack people on a whim. Which I find idiotic. I know more chihuahuas who bite then pitties, although I realize a pittie does more damage if it does

Oh wow, okay then. I have a Siberian Husky, never seen Huskies used for fighting. How strange. Hope it works out for you.

Yeah, I have owned most of the dogs on the list, or been friends with someone who has one, and they tend to be sweet, great dogs if trained right. I just don't understand my father though. He believes that all pitties are bad, but also believes that all rotties are great dogs and that its just rumor that rotties are bad. Not quite sure how that works, but, whatever. He'll just not come to my house when I get one!

Yeah, I have owned most of the dogs on the list, or been friends with someone who has one, and they tend to be sweet, great dogs if trained right. I just don't understand my father though. He believes that all pitties are bad, but also believes that all rotties are great dogs and that its just rumor that rotties are bad. Not quite sure how that works, but, whatever. He'll just not come to my house when I get one!

Pitties are only bad if their owners train them to be that way. Sure, every dog could turn on you. They are animals, just like us. But unfortunately, pits get a bad name because of what some of us make them do.

Pitties are only bad if their owners train them to be that way. Sure, every dog could turn on you. They are animals, just like us. But unfortunately, pits get a bad name because of what some of us make them do.

Sorry, some reason that posted twice :/

Most reactions

Back