Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

I don't think they're too bad...
Normally they're burried in the underground.
When they're hungry, their 'spaghettis' come out and scurry along the soil looking for food.
Which they then bring back to the mouth for a feast.

Spits out the left over sand :)

My glass has what looks like a thousand little white "fleas" if you will.... What might this be? Where did they come from?

-Tyler

My glass has what looks like a thousand little white "fleas" if you will.... What might this be? Where did they come from?

-Tyler

Copepods. Nice. Yummy food for fishes & other animals. Could also be a larva of some type, but I'm betting they're Copepods. They kind of just happen. LR has a bunch of stuff stored on it besides bacteria. Live sand is the same. Lots of times they'll have eggs & stuff & then they hatch. Or they hitch hike on coral.

Definitely not snails. They crawl w/legs. VERY TINY legs lol. OK cool. Well I will get my shrimp this coming weekend I think! YAY. Looks like hes gonna get fat fast. No fish for a little bit still...

-Tyler

Yeah, probably copepods then. Enjoy them. I like watching them.

that shrimp is in for one hell of a treat :)

No, i was referring to the post above me.
That these creatures come in with rocks and sand and such...

Kind of like snails in freshwater tanks. There's always some 'unwanted' hitchhikers!

that shrimp is in for one hell of a treat :)

No, i was referring to the post above me.
That these creatures come in with rocks and sand and such...

Kind of like snails in freshwater tanks. There's always some 'unwanted' hitchhikers!

I have two or three small snails that have been growing. They are white with orange/brown spots. Very small still though. Wonder if I should keep em. Closest thing I can find is a Collonista Snail.

UPDATE ON TANK STATS:

Temp:79F
pH: 7.9-8.0
Ammonia: .20ppm (still a tad high)
Nitite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Salinity: 1.025

I just changed the water, so that is one week of water in the tank on its own. I will take another reading. Hopefully next week we will rid all the ammonia completely and I get my shrimp! yay!

-Tyler

Ammonia still riding at .15 ish ppm. Safe enough to add a shrimp if I water change?

I wanna get my shrimp!!!

Ya, sucks though! I will do a water change as per normal schedule today or tomorrow and see if we can get it closer. Wait about 5 more days and see how we are doing.

-Tyler

Ya, sucks though! I will do a water change as per normal schedule today or tomorrow and see if we can get it closer. Wait about 5 more days and see how we are doing.

-Tyler

I know. It does suck. But in the mean time you can go comment on how epic my new biocube is going to be. I just started the thread a few days ago. :yahoo:

L

So tell me.... How many tanks do you have now!?? lol. I will head right over!

-Tyler

So tell me.... How many tanks do you have now!?? lol. I will head right over!

-Tyler

With this biocube, it'll become 4 Marine and of course still have my planted tank. So five. Oh, I'm used to multiple systems. For me, the Marine is similar to a planted tank with regard to labor intensity.

L

Most reactions

Back