Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

I have majanos, I really need to take care of my majanos. They're cuter than aiptasia, but a pain all the same.

L

I have never had mojano in the tank. I am certain the aptasia came on the rock with the zoas, because both of them were on that rock....

I am testing water at lunch time today. If ammonia reads out at zero and all other params are good.. Im getting my SHRIMP. Gosh it has taken forever for this tank to simmer down from new years. I am pretty sure this is the time =). I fed the duncan a small bit of mysis yesterday. He loved it and the (5!) heads sprouting off are getting bigger! Looks really cool. I will take a pic with my new phone tomorrow. Other camera can not charge, due to dogs eating/dismantling the charger for it.

-Tyler

If it really is a sponge, you have nothing to worry about and can sit back and enjoy its awesome color. Although, something may also eat it eventually if it is a sponge; some Gastropods that are primarily grazers will nibble on sponges too. The only thing to worry about would be if it is actually some kind of hydroid, in which case it could irritate things placed too close to it (or possibly your hand if you touch it). I cant tell from the little bits sticking off of it if those are polyps (hydroid polyps can be kind of hard to see) or just normal sponge spicules. Texture-wise though looks pretty spongey elsewhere, so I would leave it be.

EDIT: Just re-read - didn't realize that wasn't a pic of THE exact thing in your tank. So, still worth confirming that it's truly a sponge if you haven't, but otherwise it should be fine.

If it really is a sponge, you have nothing to worry about and can sit back and enjoy its awesome color. Although, something may also eat it eventually if it is a sponge; some Gastropods that are primarily grazers will nibble on sponges too. The only thing to worry about would be if it is actually some kind of hydroid, in which case it could irritate things placed too close to it (or possibly your hand if you touch it). I cant tell from the little bits sticking off of it if those are polyps (hydroid polyps can be kind of hard to see) or just normal sponge spicules. Texture-wise though looks pretty spongey elsewhere, so I would leave it be.

EDIT: Just re-read - didn't realize that wasn't a pic of THE exact thing in your tank. So, still worth confirming that it's truly a sponge if you haven't, but otherwise it should be fine.

I will take a photo of it tomorrow and show you.

Yay! Shrimp! I'm getting a Duncan for my biocube. He's cute, a bushy one. Very compact.

Keep us posted.

OK, I promised I would post a picture of the Duncan babies growing on the forum... Here it is!

20120225_135431.jpg

Hope you like! Thanx for looking.

By the way... Shrimp is currently acclimating.... =)! yay. Took a month longer than I had hoped, but we finally got water at the right levels!

Here is a Overexposure shot of the FTS!

20120225_135447.jpg

-Tyler

What kind of shrimpy did you end up getting, Tyler?

L

I got a cleaner/skunk shrimp. I love their simple and clean look. I do like some of the new stuff you have! Neato shrimps lol.

My tank is starting to be lively again. I need to show you the Xenia.. IT has basically doubled in size and split off a small stalk. I am tempted to sell the small chunk off to someone for 10 bucks or something. I also have a loose mushroom (baby) on a shell that id like to relocate. I have 9 red mushrooms now, oh and 3 watermelon mushies! Love these and have been waiting for it to grow new ones for quite some time.

-Tyler

Good for you. I have a love/hate relationship with my skunk. He almost killed my sun coral by robbing it of food. He's much better in my 8g, but he's a clumsy oaf.

Show us the Xenia before you frag it.

L

Okay! I will take a picture at lunch time!

It is cool because the one stalk is as big around as a quarter, and the little one "smaller than a dime" is completely separated from the big one, so I only have to cut the rock with a dremel and be set! The rock is no bigger than my pinky finger, so it also should be an easy cut.

-Tyler

PS: shrimp getting more brave to show himself (slowly) lol

Ok Here are the images. I am showing off my watermelon mushrooms as well =) they are pretty.

Xenia.jpg

Watermelon.jpg

-Tyler

cool, looks good!
i really hope you can sell that little thing :)

The stalk on the smaller one stands about an inch tall before the arms start reaching out. Should be a nice frag! The larger section has literally more than double in amount of arms and increased sizes of older arms as well!

Looks AWESOME!

-Tyler

Thanks Salty Dave!,

I have sure learned a LOT about this hobby since starting. I still love it as much as I did day 1.

Thanks for looking!

Most reactions

Back