Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

It is a six line. He get along GREAT with the royal gramma and goby. No problems at all. I am concerned a little bit about wanting to get my two clowns though. I hope he does not try and rip them up. Seems very friendly though. because I am getting two of them though, I think it will be ok. Also he is a small wrasse so the clowns may seem "scarier".

Last bunch of fish I had any fish after the clowns they started pecking at the other fish, so I wanted clowns last. Clowns can be A-holes, but I love the way they look.

-Tyler

No doubt, But I will give it a shot and see how it goes. If after a week noone has killed each other we will be good. If attacking is present and the wrasse is a complete butt head I will isolate him (if possible) for a week maybe in a QT tank and reintroduce him back in. Honestly with his attitude in the tank right now, I don't think we will have a huge problem. At the LFS store he was tanked with a pair of clowns and several other fish.

-Tyler

Yes - it's more likely the wrasse will have a problem with the clowns!

is that just a common wrasse trait Ainsy as I have clowns and was going to read up on wrasses?

Yes - it's more likely the wrasse will have a problem with the clowns!

is that just a common wrasse trait Ainsy as I have clowns and was going to read up on wrasses?

Simonas,

It is so hard to say what the fish will do. It is typically the new fish that get picked on. If your clowns are well established they might pick on the wrasse for a while, but sufficient hiding places will be good to help combat this. Wrasse being in first could potentially be harder, but im banking on the fact that I will be placing two clowns in at the same time (seeming more intimidating to the wrasse). Gosh, I'm tempted to go look at the clowns at the LFS now.

I have only had a few wrasse and all but one of them were angels. On the other hand I have had quite a few more pairs of clowns and most of them showed the typical damselfish agression

SO I broke down and done it...

20120511_192250-1.jpg

clwn.jpg

More pics to follow

-Tyler

Ok, for clownfish. They are very nice. :)

I'm tempted... Very tempted.

L

They're awesome Noob!! I really don't know much about the clowns at all. What kind are they? Love the picts.

They are South Africa True Percula Black Clownfish. Clowns are very hardy fish and very fun fish to own. They spend a lot of time swimming right up front in the display so you almost ALWAYS see them =)(very active swimmers). They come out to see you (once they get use to you) and begin to recognize you and the one who feeds them. I am hoping they will host one of the several corals in the tank. The toadstool is small, but I hope they take to it later. I also have the Xenia and duncans they can take to.

We had an orange pair in the first go around, but we always wanted the black pair. This time we went all out and got what we originally wanted.

There has been no bad behavior. I think the look on the gramma was just "OMG REALLY?". lol. But I bet they will become best friends. The wrasse has spent last night and this morning hiding a bit (no aggression! YAY) so I think we will have a great tank with a good group of friendly fish! I could not be happier to be honest.

There will be more additions, but they will be corals only. I was thinking MAYBE a small crab like an emerald crab or a pom pom. Dunno yet. Lj is gonna frag a couple things this summer to add, so im saving a couple perches for that also. I will get a video posted today/tomorrow =)

-Tyler

Hehe, it's like a little party today in the Marine section isn't? :-

I like those clownfish a lot and everybody knows I usually hate clownfish. Very tempted to get that type for the new tank, I think it'll be a great fit, especially with that tank having more of the aggressive lps species. We'll see.

I'll confess, I've never had much interest in the clowns before, but those two are very nice. I'm a fan of that pair for sure!!

Yay for Marine party!!!! :good:

I'll confess, I've never had much interest in the clowns before, but those two are very nice. I'm a fan of that pair for sure!!

Yay for Marine party!!!! :good:

I'll tell ya, I like them for my ADA tank. And maybe then I'll try a bangaii for the cube. Not sure yet. I still have to update about the Tanaka, that just sucked. :(

Clowns are part of the damselfish family and will usually be aggressive to any other member of that family, they are best kept in a single pair and not recccomended with other damselfish (however I don't know of this rule applies to massive tanks lol). They look a lot darker than my ocealaris clownfish although my friend has a pair that are 10x lighter than mine so I believe his are percula clownfish :p

Edit: Half of the posts ain't loading for me til I've posted makin this post redundant lol

Most reactions

Back