Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

Definitely a balancing act lol. Usually no excess. The snails and hermits clean it all up rather quickly.

-Tyler

New FTS from two days ago =). Everything is doing well. The goby and shimp have an underground palace now lol. The tank is so much fun. Need to get my toadstool leather soon and my clowns sometime after.

20120418_175838.jpg

-Tyler

Looking good, is that coralline growing all over the back of the tank? Nice!

Oh yes, and its growing on the powerheads, magnet, and rocks too =). Wait till I show you how much the birds nest has grown.

-Tyler

Oh yes, and its growing on the powerheads, magnet, and rocks too =). Wait till I show you how much the birds nest has grown.

-Tyler

Oooooooo, I can't wait. Wait until I show you the zoas I got. I picked them up today. They are SICK!! :hyper:

ok ok.... SO here is the first day it was in the tank on March 19th:

20120317_155733.jpg
Birdsnest2-1.jpg

Pretty impressive for just over a month eh?

-Tyler

SO I have not been running tests on my water in like over a month =/ BAD TYLER! I just got lazy I guess, BUT I did a full range of tests today to make sure everything was in order and this is what the results were.

TEMP: 79 F
Salinity:1.023
pH: 8.0
Nitrate: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Ammonia: .100 ppm (gramma has been in the tank for nearly a couple weeks or so, it has also been 7 days since a water change) I like to test before the water change to see how much the parameters change.

Stats turned out not to bad to be honest... I also bought something today when I went to the LFS...... Once it/they... open up I will post some pics =)

-Tyler

TO be honest, I have not had a test kit for either. Calcium seems to be good enough for decent coral growth and the shrimp have always molted easily. I will get a kit for both of them here this month. Sorry for the poor upkeep. I will hop on it and nip it in the butt now.

-Tyler

TO be honest, I have not had a test kit for either. Calcium seems to be good enough for decent coral growth and the shrimp have always molted easily. I will get a kit for both of them here this month. Sorry for the poor upkeep. I will hop on it and nip it in the butt now.

-Tyler

Sshh don't tell any of the other reef heads this but my friend kept a 180litre tank with all soft corals and never once tested mag and calcium and has only just robbed my red sea test kit to test once in 5 years lol :p now whilst Im sure there are those who strongly disagree with this u can't fault his if it ain't broke don't fix it attitude ;)

If you only stock softies the demand for Ca & Mg will be so low that regular water changes will take care of it.

Most reactions

Back