Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

I lose a few snails each month it seems. I dunno why. I have never lost a hermit crab though lol. Also all of my corals grow like wildfire. No smells. I have a lid on the tank now =) Usually no smells if just a snail dies lol. When the whole tank dies though... =( sad. makes you just wanna cry.

Next to go in will be the Royal Gramma! =)

I will wait a couple weeks before this young one gets to come home.

SO the LFS has TINY baby maroon clown fish, they look about 30 days old lol. SO TINY, and hippo tangs the size of a silver dollar. Seriously tiny! Also the Yellow tangs they have TINY!!! TINY. I should have taken a pic. Just was cool to see the little babies.

-Tyler

I lose a few snails each month it seems. I dunno why. I have never lost a hermit crab though lol. Also all of my corals grow like wildfire. No smells. I have a lid on the tank now =) Usually no smells if just a snail dies lol. When the whole tank dies though... =( sad. makes you just wanna cry.

Next to go in will be the Royal Gramma! =)

I will wait a couple weeks before this young one gets to come home.

SO the LFS has TINY baby maroon clown fish, they look about 30 days old lol. SO TINY, and hippo tangs the size of a silver dollar. Seriously tiny! Also the Yellow tangs they have TINY!!! TINY. I should have taken a pic. Just was cool to see the little babies.

-Tyler
soo jealous :p your adding everything on my fish list! hehe, pics of yours suffice for now but im getting more and more tempted lol. Do you dose with supplements or anything like that?

I wouldnt think my baby clownfish are more than a month old :) my LFS has a baby yellow tang which im keeping a close eye on, i wana buy them smaller so they cost less and all grow togetha
wahey.gif

Awww, so cute Tyler, not like the butthead Tiger pistol I've got. He's a dork.

My YWG is missing & presumed dead. I'll probably get another, but much larger. My pistol needs a big boy to match him.

L

Looks cool Tyler! Moved in together quicker than a rat up a drain!

Ryan - I would think hard before adding a tang to your tank - even a yellow as they need a load of swimming space.

I agree on the tang... Most people say a 4 foot long tank minimum which I agree with. They are pretty, but I'd like them to be happy so I know I am not stressing them out =)

-Tyler

Short Video of them together.

-Tyler

You know what? Your pistol shrimp is MUCH smaller than mine is. I think that's what contributed to the probable death of my watchman. I saw a large, grey female YWG at the LFS. She's on hold for me. I may get her on Saturday. She's about 3x the size of my prior YWG & much larger than the pistol shrimp.

Yours look great together. I'll try again.

L

Short Video of them together.

-Tyler

You know what? Your pistol shrimp is MUCH smaller than mine is. I think that's what contributed to the probable death of my watchman. I saw a large, grey female YWG at the LFS. She's on hold for me. I may get her on Saturday. She's about 3x the size of my prior YWG & much larger than the pistol shrimp.

Yours look great together. I'll try again.

L
More videos for me to watch :)

They have completely mined out a MANSION underneath that rock, lol. They are done pushing rocks out though. They also close up the hole at night time, then open it back up around noon each day to eat =)

-Tyler

They have completely mined out a MANSION underneath that rock, lol. They are done pushing rocks out though. They also close up the hole at night time, then open it back up around noon each day to eat =)

-Tyler

That's what I think did my first YWG in. He wasn't big enough or strong enough to push the rocks that the pistol shrimp used to block the tunnels. My new one is much larger and can easily move rocks about.

L

Most reactions

Back