Tyler's 29Gal. Tank Project!

Oh I hope that doesn't happen to mine. I have seen my YWG pushing to get out sometimes lol. I have moved a couple pebbles out of the way to help before too.

-Tyler

Might go get the Royal Gramma today. I really wish I could get the Six Lined Wrasse first =/ Bleh.

-Tyler

So we got a beautiful Royal Gramma yesterday! he/she/it looks absolutely gorgeous. Put him/her in the tank last night about 6pm turned all lights off so he could hide in peace. Today when I got home for lunch was swimming about the tank so pretty! I put some food in the tank to feed the goby not thinking the gramma would eat, but he gobbled up quite a sum of brine shrimp =) YAY. Love it.

I will get a picture when the fish is not so timid. But right now still kinda skiddish when I walk by the tank.

-Tyler

So we got a beautiful Royal Gramma yesterday! he/she/it looks absolutely gorgeous. Put him/her in the tank last night about 6pm turned all lights off so he could hide in peace. Today when I got home for lunch was swimming about the tank so pretty! I put some food in the tank to feed the goby not thinking the gramma would eat, but he gobbled up quite a sum of brine shrimp =) YAY. Love it.

I will get a picture when the fish is not so timid. But right now still kinda skiddish when I walk by the tank.

-Tyler

Awwww, I'm very happy for you. You'll like a gramma. Just keep the lid on, they like to carpet surf. :(

L

-Tyler

Awwww, I'm very happy for you. You'll like a gramma. Just keep the lid on, they like to carpet surf. :(

L

Lid is tight! There are two holes in the lid, only big enough that my fingers can fit in em to lift the lid off. I will post a picture for ya tonight!

-Tyler

-Tyler

L

Lid is tight! There are two holes in the lid, only big enough that my fingers can fit in em to lift the lid off. I will post a picture for ya tonight!

-Tyler

Good, can't wait to see it. :)

Picture Update:

Night Time in the Tank
20120412_203547.jpg

Growing Duncan!
20120410_174313.jpg

Kitty Likes watching the Fish!
20120411_132158.jpg

Xenia has grown so much. Go look back at the first pic of it in my journal.
20120414_102729.jpg

The goby with Shrimp right behind. They are in the process of creating an underground network under the entire left side of the tank.
20120411_132335-1.jpg

And the new Pretty!
20120414_102803.jpg

20120414_102438.jpg

Oh super pretty gramma. Oooooooo, now don't let anybody drink near your tank! No parties! Your tank looks awesome.

L

Thank you Llj! I still look up to your tanks every day lol. One day I will put some more money into what I have, but for now school is starting.... and its hit the books, study study hard! 9 semesters from hell, here I come!

School starts May 14th

-Tyler

Watched my cleaner shrimp pull off and eat one of the "hands" off of my Xenia coral last night. This pissed me off. I guess I haven't fed him enough or something. I tossed some pellets in and he shoved them into his mouth. I will keep him well fed I guess lol. Just don't like placing a lot of food into the tank.

-Tyler

It is always a balancing act - enough food to stop things eating prized coral but not enough to pollute the tank!

It should be relatively easy to train it to eat from your hand - so no excess is left in the tank.

Most reactions

Back